Started by yossam, April 21, 2015, 01:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Different view....................... ;D

zaxxon

I like that view, nicely done!

mhaze

TheBadger

Curious what this dream was that has so possessed you? I haven't had such a dream to make me create something because of the dream in years and years, sadly.

Nice renders here and in the other thread.
It has been eaten.

Mahnmut

Very nice!
I´d expect some light to get through windows on the backside and out at the front though, that would increase realism and impression very much.
Cheers,
Jan

Dune

I agree with Jan; in this version also it would benefit some faint glow from the windows, like they're busy inside.

Upon Infinity

It's quite understated at how well Terragen performs at being an architectural renderer.  Some shading function is performed at the end of the rendering process in the recessed edges that just makes them 'pop' somehow.

choronr

Very nice one Richard. This lighting is super.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Upon Infinity on April 22, 2015, 01:58:26 AM
It's quite understated at how well Terragen performs at being an architectural renderer.  Some shading function is performed at the end of the rendering process in the recessed edges that just makes them 'pop' somehow.

You added Ambient Occlusion in the GI settings? I love that effect used gently...agree w/Dune
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

yossam

Working on lighting the windows..............looks like crap at the moment. Will keep trying............... :-\   

And Bobby.............yes.

bobbystahr

Have you tried the spotlight?... sometimes, in some situations, it works well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

yossam

I used two, one for each window in "Rapture". For some reason that setup is giving me dung with this scene.  >:( 

I tried the luminosity trick, but I need the inverse of the map. I tried in PS to do that...............more frustration. I need to get away from it for a minute and clear my head. A glass of Buffalo Trace is not going to hurt either.  :P

Dune

If you have your glass as a separate map (for transparency or reflectivity), you can also use the luminosity trick by adding a surface shader, masked by an image map shader with that mask. Between default shader and part.