Hunting the Auroch

Started by Dune, May 15, 2015, 10:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Detail is is good. Looks great already.
As Dorianvan suggested you could use postwork for wolves,people etc.

Dune

Yeah, maybe. For the dogs at least; some pretty good wolves have to fetch hundreds of dollars, so they're out. I can make a good wolf myself by now, but rigging and texturing is my weakpoint. But I'm also a bit of a nerd sometimes, wanting everything in one go in TG.
I also have to work on the arrows and bows (they're pretty plain now), hope to get info from the archeaologist how he wants them.

choronr

You will get there, these pursuits always get to be where they are needed.

bobbystahr

This is getting more amazing with every iteration, BUT, I have a problem with the water lilies in the stream. In the main they grow on lakes and ponds and abhor/can't take root anything more than very slow moving, shallow water. Your friendly horticultural nit picker. I mean they look really nice but to me seem out of place. Maybe it's because I've only ever seen them on enclosed water surfaces.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=water+lilies&biw=1366&bih=681&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aqtcVcetM5KtyAStjIKYDQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=water+lilies+native+habitat
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

You are right, but this is more or less stagnant, shallow water. I have to hear from the client what they exactly expect in those days, but I put them there mainly for artistic reasons.
I made another egret yesterday, sitting on a branch, so easily put anywhere. But I think I'll move it to a less conspicuous place, as you don't see the branch very well, so it seems floating in the air. And some trees need other leaves and structure. Got some kind of dog in, the first. The part is the max size needed; 5000px wide, but without soft reflection.

bobbystahr

I get artistic licence and WOW....nuff said.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Looking better and better!
I found that on your "test-10.jpg" image the part to the right where there is a pile of wood seems to look like an oil painting. Is this intended?

Dune

Yes, to make it slightly less usable for pirates  ;)

inkydigit

Quote from: Dune on May 21, 2015, 08:22:21 AM
Yes, to make it slightly less usable for pirates  ;)
I thought it was because of the semi-naked people in the background! ;)

DocCharly65

I'm impressed again. Better and better...

Dune

Thanks for your comments, guys. I'll leave it at this as a concept for the client. He might want it all changed  :(
This will be max size. A little post will be necessary. BTW, I changed the reflectivity on the guy from 0.6 to 0.4, as it was just too much. Maybe I even ad a small scale PF as input there. I also noticed I have to be careful with increasing GISD, as the dents in this gentlemens ribcage are getting very dark as a result. So GISD is back to 1 here. For greens a high (2) would be better, so I might do an extra crop of the guy and paste it over in post.
The arrows are a very interesting kind, with little 'backhooks' added. But the detail is still just to small/obscure, I'm afraid. I also need to add a transform shader to the arrows' PF.

Kadri

Nice details and it looks good in closeup too.

j meyer

Yep,Gisd can be problematic at times.Maybe an external AO map would be
better here.At least it's controllable separately.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 23, 2015, 02:29:58 AM
BTW, I changed the reflectivity on the guy from 0.6 to 0.4, as it was just too much.

Oh good, I didn't want to nit-pik that as on a bright day it might be appropriate, but to me it looked off.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

TheBadger

I like that crop of the pond area too!
It has been eaten.