St Mary Lake - V7

Started by Gannaingh, May 20, 2015, 08:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

As a matter of fact - much better!

Tangled-Universe

Looking good so far!

Is it possible for you to share the DEM and perhaps even the clipfile for the camera? :)
I really like this POV as well as the challenge to reproduce the real thing or at least something convincingly photorealistic.

Cheers,
Martin

bobbystahr

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on May 26, 2015, 07:49:52 AM
Looking good so far!

Is it possible for you to share the DEM and perhaps even the clipfile for the camera? :)
I really like this POV as well as the challenge to reproduce the real thing or at least something convincingly photorealistic.

Cheers,
Martin

Hear Hear...it would be a lovely vacation location to set up and render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

otakar

Nice! The trees on the right shore seem a bit uniform in color, but I am sure that's still WIP. I found this reference image: https://bloggertobenamedlater.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/goose-island-panorama-edited.jpg - there should be more brown/grey tones. Man, I do miss that place!

DannyG

Nice work on this, this dem has tons of great POV's. You need to add the Little Wild Goose Island in the center of the lake that would really add to this
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Gannaingh

Thanks all! I'll  get a the DEM and camera clip file packaged up later tonight. Danny is absolutely correct, this area has tons of beautiful locations.

Gannaingh

Here is a link to the base files used in this scene. The DEM is rather large, GNP is well worth it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zd0sc5j9vyg6zo/St%20Mary%20Lake%20-%20Sharing.zip?dl=0

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Tangled-Universe

Thanks a lot :)

Looking forward to your next version though!

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Gannaingh

Making its appearance for the first time, please give a warm welcome to Wild Goose Island. The island is the same size as in real life, but it looks too big IMO so I'm probably going to reduce the size. Its presence also makes me want to pay some more attention to the water to smooth out the waves, since right now they're a little choppy. I also need to thin out the tree populations in the appropriate places, particularly along the right hand slope. Thanks for taking a look!

Dune

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Maybe, but it seems o k size wise from my memory of the pano photo..maybe zoom out with the arrows not the - +/- buttons.that shouls change the apparent distance tween the islands near camera shore and the tree line in the foreground.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd