Geologist's hammer

Started by Kadri, May 28, 2015, 01:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

It isn't sunk but because i tried to make the shadow kinda like some of the hammers parts are further away from the rock then others it kinda looks so.
The shadow is too black probably. In the new render i will work a little more on it :)

choronr

The detail in the rock is special; good work.

Kadri

Thanks.
I hope the newer one will look better as a whole. Still only at half after 12 hours rendering.

Dune

Why does it take so long?

Kadri

Because of the displacements i wanted to see them in the best way i can and how they will look Ulco.
5000x2083, Detail 1, AA 10 etc. You get the picture. Mostly not needed but it is only a still image.

Dune

Wow, that is high. No wonder it takes long.

Kadri

Yep and the first time i use such high settings :)

I trowed the standard grass object in it. Should have used another one. I will have to do much cleanup in post.
Do you know a good grass object that would be suited for this scene Ulco?
Don't want to make one by myself.

Dune

Tried to upload one, but it's too heavy. PM me with an email addres, will you?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on May 30, 2015, 02:17:30 AM

Yep and the first time i use such high settings :)

I trowed the standard grass object in it. Should have used another one. I will have to do much cleanup in post.
Do you know a good grass object that would be suited for this scene Ulco?
Don't want to make one by myself.

There is an interesting free .tgo grass included in the Presets Pack from planetside Kadri.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

Thanks. I always forget about those :)

Here is the last render. Took one day to render.
I cut a hell of a grass out of the picture. So much that i had to nearly call this a painting if it was a little more of them :)

Not sure about the hammer. This time it looks too pronounced?

Honestly i actually like this one. Nearly no postwork except that gardening part.
I just want to try one last thing. Curious how it would look with a little water?

Hannes

Awesome, Kadri!!! The sky is perfect. Maybe a bit too saturated.
If you'd ask me, I'd leave out the grass completely. I like this barren landscape as it is. One thing that could work imho is some mossy yellowish green patches here and there. Or lichen? Made by some broken up surface layer with slope constraint and a subtle very small displacement? Just a thought...

Kadri

Thanks Hannes. If i haven't played with the atmo settings (and that is absolutely possible :) ) the colors are nearly all as it is by default.
There are so many possibilities as you said Hannes. I thought about making the hills greener,adding trees etc too.
But i want to work on the animation. There is only so much time. Probably the water will be the last version if it looks any good of course.

bobbystahr

I like the veg myself but maybe less and there is that Walli lichen package in File Sharing that's fun as well to intersperse. Yup on the sky for consensus.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

choronr

The combination of colors you have on the rock are striking, I like it the way it is.

Kadri

Thanks guys.

I tried it with water in low res but i don't think that it adds anything special. So this might be the final.