How to exclude a Node at the top, from an effect at the bottom of a network?

Started by TheBadger, June 14, 2015, 07:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hey,

I have a twist and sheer, it is near the bottom of the terrain section of my node tree. At the top I have 6 image masks creating the same effects, but different in scale. So 2 Large, 2 med, and 2 small (by height).

The order and placement of my nodes is currently neat and logical. But I wish to exclude my large terrain image maps from the effects of the twist and sheer, without moving those nodes below the twist and sheer.

Is there a way to go into the nodes I want to (the 2 "large" image masks) , and tell them to ignore the twist and sheer, but continue to be effected by all other nodes as they are now?

???
It has been eaten.

WAS

Quote from: TheBadger on June 14, 2015, 07:37:55 PM
Hey,

I have a twist and sheer, it is near the bottom of the terrain section of my node tree. At the top I have 6 image masks creating the same effects, but different in scale. So 2 Large, 2 med, and 2 small (by height).

The order and placement of my nodes is currently neat and logical. But I wish to exclude my large terrain image maps from the effects of the twist and sheer, without moving those nodes below the twist and sheer.

Is there a way to go into the nodes I want to (the 2 "large" image masks) , and tell them to ignore the twist and sheer, but continue to be effected by all other nodes as they are now?

???

I'm not exactly sure I get what you mean, but I would imagine surface layers would be appropriate to "apply" effects on a separate set of child layers.

TheBadger

Your solution is functional but not ideal.
It requires me to add a T&S for each image mask (-2), plus the surface node or other to connect to the image masks which are attached to alpine shaders.

The way I have it now is the absolute minimum of nodes necessary to do the job.

I can just move the two image masks and alpines below the twist&S but then they will be where they shouldn't be, and I will have to add any nodes that I add above, also again to the two below.

I did not think there was a way to turn off a nodes ability to be effected by other nodes, but I was hoping there was and just did not know about it.

Not a big deal. actually your post gave me an idea to simplify something later on. so all good.
It has been eaten.