Forums don't display but *download* images ---> ultra massively annoying!

Started by Tangled-Universe, June 20, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Oshyan on June 23, 2015, 06:26:35 PM
Works for me in Chrome (pops up in a separate window though).

- Oshyan

At work these links work. Will test it tonight on my machine.
So far I still haven't been able to find a pattern.

For me the vast majority of images open in separate windows, for years. That's normal, isn't it?

What I'm experiencing often, to be more exact and FWIW, is that the separete window opens and does not display but downloads the image.

Oshyan

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on June 24, 2015, 03:58:43 AM
What I'm experiencing often, to be more exact and FWIW, is that the separete window opens and does not display but downloads the image.

Opening in a separate window is normal, as you said. It's the above, separate behavior, that we'd prefer to fix if it's happening on newer posts. My experience though is that it's only older posts... (with the possible exception of some browser/system-specific issue like N-drju reported and I and others were unable to reproduce).

- Oshyan

N-drju

I am lucky with using Safari on my home computer when other browsers fail to do what I want, so I'll just try that out. Too busy - did not get a chance to do that lately. :)

Or maybe Planetside forums are NSFW? ;D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Tangled-Universe

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

I checked the 2 links and they worked fine this morning.
Next time it happens again I will retry those links.
If they don't work as well then it's some problem from my side.

I also tried to open images from some 2007 threads and for some the issue occured and for some (but less) the issue did not occur.
I guess the error got fixed somewhere in 2007 and thus not all from 2007 is affected.

Nonetheless I'll keep an eye for it, as some say it's also showing up in recent threads.