Not dead yet

Started by bobbystahr, June 23, 2015, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

but my CPU is so I'm having all my other hardware moved over to a fair bit faster  tower along with m 8G RAM.
Hopefully be updated and posting again soon...really miss y'all...later. Posted from the library.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Oh no! Hope things get fixed up quick for ya. I was stuck rendering on a netbook for awhile haha.

Kadri

That sucks. Hope you get ready to render soon Bobby.

archonforest

I feel ya! Hope u get one fast! ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Dune

Have a beer while you're waiting, and get up soon!

mhaze

I'm sure it won't be to long....

bobbystahr

Whew...all done and he upgraded my Win 7 to Pro from Home..Haven't installed anything yet 'cept anti virus  but wanted to check in and make sure I remembered my password for here, heh heh heh...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

Yes, Welcome back ;)
Good luck with the new PC and "happy rendering"  :)

Hannes

bobbystahr

Thanks All....Yeah, sorta good news.
As I am a luddite re: building my own box; not really a DIY dude, really so I hadda take the word of the guy at the shop and he assured me this was faster than my previous AMD chip which was 3.75 Ghz. Turns out this one is 3.0...sigh so it is a bit slower, at least it's seeming so. Going to the benchmark page after this to test against what has gone before me. I had to accept a Dell tower..never use Dell product as had a bad early experience with it but the more modern Dell seems better. Only thing is when I originally got the AMD box in 2010 I was able to install Imagine3D and use it easily...now my box tells me I'm missing the same .dll as it was reporting before the CPU meltdown and after a reformat to get rid (I thought) of a problem infection. I'd had a problem with viri due to dirty contact with a member when I was a Mod ar Rendo and thought a fresh install of the O/S would fix that but it (the .dll) is still not there...sigh, so still no Imagine and access to my hundreds of gigs of models I made in Imagine...sigh...Thought a new system HDD would solve that problem. Nope. Running the original HDD as a slave so managed to keep everything, but with messed up road signs as I calls em.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Missing a DLL is very seldom a virus-related problem (depending on what the DLL is). Unless the message is erroneous. What DLL does it say you're missing? Older software such as Imagine probably relied on some older DLLs that were included with previous versions of Windows like 2000 and XP but are no longer included as they are legacy DLLs. You can still obtain and install them, it just needs to be done manually...

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on June 26, 2015, 05:07:42 PM
Missing a DLL is very seldom a virus-related problem (depending on what the DLL is). Unless the message is erroneous. What DLL does it say you're missing? Older software such as Imagine probably relied on some older DLLs that were included with previous versions of Windows like 2000 and XP but are no longer included as they are legacy DLLs. You can still obtain and install them, it just needs to be done manually...

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan, will make a note of it and do a search...the odd thing is that when this box was new with win7home Imagine installed and ran fine but After a re format/reinstall to get rid of a persistant Trojan it started throwing up that error. My best guess is maybe  the dll got removed in an update 'tween me getting the trojan and the reinstall/total update.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

I have a program and AVG puts one of the programs dll file every time when scanning in the vault and the program can't be used-registered without that dll.
I had to exclude it in AVG. Not that your problem is this but just in case.