Adding Detail to Painted Shader

Started by WAS, June 25, 2015, 11:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Is there a way to add detail to the Painted Shader? I have tried the fractal warp, and attempts with mixing in a PF but nothing seems to provide the right results. The fractal warp in fact seems to do absolutely nothing on a Painted Shader at any scale or levels.

Basically, It'd be great to use the Painted Shader to paint my areas, and said areas to have a good breakup/fractalization to detail it so it's not just smooth brush strokes which are very noticeable (at least to me) unless you have a super computer to sit there and paint and a 100 different brush sizes and pressures to obtain such a look. But the way Terragen handles Preivews it makes it incredibly hard.

It would almost be worth it to have a "fractal" brush with basic settings which paints in random fractals giving it a random effects and variation for natural painting. For things like clouds or rough ground cover without adding secondary masks.

Matt

On the Transform tab of the Painted Shader, change the Coordinates mode from "Final position" to "Position in terrain/texture". Then it should respect the warped texture coordinates provided by the warp shaders.

http://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Painted_Shader_-_Transform_Tab

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS