Painted Shader Wrap Object

Started by WAS, July 03, 2015, 04:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Is there a way to wrap your painted shader around a object as apposed to changing camera orientations and following your strokes?

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 03, 2015, 04:44:58 PM
Is there a way to wrap your painted shader around a object as apposed to changing camera orientations and following your strokes?

An imported object or a TG procedural? In either case I think not. But I've been wrong before so I'll watch this space as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

I'm not entirely certain what you mean, you of course have to change camera angle to paint on e.g. the back side of an object because it's not visible otherwise and so the Painted Shader has no idea that you want to put a stroke on front *and* back, nor how to make "two" strokes from one, so to speak (i.e. painting front and back simultaneously). But if you want to paint "in 3D" you need to switch to 3D mode on the Transform tab.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

well I've been tweaking everythin I can think of and though I painter 1-6 on the the appropriate faces in 3D mode all i ever get is the 1 2 3 faces.
Any help appreciated. I've added my tgd and a tgc with the pic
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Hmmm drat. So it seems you would have to orient and continue stitching in your brushstrokes around a cube, or sphere, or w/e. Would be nice to have some sort of mirroring option.

bobbystahr

I actually rotated the view and painted on all 4 sides and the top, then disabled the planet and painted on the bottom but only the 1, 2 and 3 ever showed no matter how I rotated the cube later.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New