Clouds and Nebulae **Updated 08/11/07 with Final**

Started by mrwho, August 10, 2007, 01:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwho

Thanks to Pachalmars's wonderful nebulae clip file! Comments/critiques etc. always appreciated

cyphyr

Thats just sweet  ;D
I'm guessing thats a planet down below, yes?
Just my opinion but maybe the nebulae could be a tad softer, just my opinion.
I l;ove how the clouds are illuminated, kinda ominous :)
Really good and original.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

mrwho

nope, it's just clouds placed over the default planet. I'm thinking of re-rendering the nebulae and adding a planet in there, or I could just Photoshop in a planet, and soften the nebulae a bit. thanks for the suggestion

old_blaggard

Softening the nebula sounds good, but I'm not sure about adding another planet.  I love it the way it is right now :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

This is gorgeous! I agree a less contrasty nebula would be nice but other than that it's an outstanding image. The light and cloud formation below looks much more like some celestial object than a planet with clouds, which is a good thing. Maybe a black hole or galaxy or something. Very, very cool.

- Oshyan

sflynn

Absolutely beautiful. One of my all time favorite TG2 images.

Nice work.

rcallicotte

Oh my God, this is beautiful.

No critiques.

;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mrwho

wow, thanks guys! I've been busy since I posted it, but I think I'll have some time to work on it later today.

Edit: Well, got some time a little earlier than I thought. Here's the image after some softening of the nebulae.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Fantastic.  Image of the week quality ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Tangled-Universe

To my personal taste the nebula is still not soft enough and I'd also desaturate it a little because the colour-balance/distribution is disturbed.
The eyecatcher are the clouds/vortex. The nebula draws too much attention this way. I think the image would be more balanced and better that way, but just IMHO.
Further it's an amazing job, especially when keeping in mind it's all TG  :) The clouds look really fantastic and I think this could be an image of the week too.

Martin

monks

Amazing! I agree with what Tangled just said- the nebula is too dominant. You have the makings of a foreboding 'Black Hole' set- I can hear Maximillian coming down the corridoors now...

monks

mrwho

Ok, the final version of the Nebulae, it's been desaturated. Thanks for all your comments/critiques/advice!

dhavalmistry

this is just amazing.....can you please share the settings/clip file of the clouds please???>....thanx....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

mrwho

sure, it's a Cumulus layer

depth of 900
Edge Sharpness is 4
density is .04
some coverage adjustment, but not really necessary
Color is .3, and .2 is scattering color
Ray-traced shadows and quality is 1
Feature scale is 1400
Lead-in is 19400, and smallest scale is 10
Perlin Ridges, warping is .65