TG2 Update ?

Started by Cub, August 11, 2007, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cub

Hiya All

Is there news on TG2 updates , ie release of or whats being worked on ?

Cub

Buzzzzz

See this thread for entire read, however the meat is in Matts Quote below. http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1846.0
Quote from: Matt on July 18, 2007, 09:09:35 PM
We are releasing alpha versions internally fairly frequently - anything between 2 and 4 weeks between alpha versions. The last few versions have all turned up new bugs which we felt were important to fix before releasing to the public, so there has been an unexpectedly long delay since the last Technology Preview update.

Today a new build which we have high confidence in is being handed to the alpha testers. If there are no significant new bugs in this build we expect to release Technology Preview updates to pre-purchasers within the next few weeks. Users of the Free edition will receive an update shortly after that, but pre-purchases will have priority.

Matt

Matt

We are very close to an update. Tomorrow I will draw up a list of the changes that are in the next version so that you know we're not just sitting on our hands :)

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

dhavalmistry

ohh man...finallly....just how close are we???...are soft shadows included????
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

Soft shadows should be included.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

LOL

Quote from: Matt on August 13, 2007, 08:22:52 PM
...so that you know we're not just sitting on our hands :)

Matt

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bobbystahr

Well I admit soft shadows would be really cool, but why not totally demolish render times and add water transparency...my big hope, as well....LOL.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Totally "demolishing" render times will have to wait, but it's coming. ;)

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

are other type of clouds (Cumulonimbus, Nimbostratus, Lenticular....etc) going to be included in final version???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

out of curiosity will we be able to have more control of crater placement later on?
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Buzzzzz

I'd be happy with a version that didn't crash every time I turn around.  :D

Will

I wonder when we will get that list Matt was talking about.

Buzzzzz

Quote from: Will on August 15, 2007, 10:23:14 AM
I wonder when we will get that list Matt was talking about.

I imagine it will be included in the zip file along with the update when it becomes available?  That's usually when we get it.

Will

thats true, I was kinda hoping to get it before. In other news I finally have worked up enough money though my summer job to get a registered version. Or hopefully I will after I fix this nasty litter registry corruption problem I have.

Tangled-Universe

Well if I understand correctly he'll post it today?

Martin