repetitive motion disorder

Started by Upon Infinity, August 08, 2015, 06:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Kadri on August 10, 2015, 12:17:37 PM

Since 3 days i have worked much less on the computer and since this thread i don't use the mouse pad with wrist support.
I already feel a little better. Still have pain but it is half as bad :)

That's great.  Yeah, I think wrist supports are short term benefits with long term drawbacks.  I had the same thing with eye drops and screen strain.  Good in the short term, but don't solve the problem.

I'm going to give my Wacom tablet another go based on Dunes driver suggestions.

Kadri

Yeah looks like i have to save money for a Wacom too.Will take some time :)

Dune

Intuos 3 PTZ630. A5 sized is big enough. Perfect! Almost as important as a HD.

Kadri

Looks good Ulco. One thing that makes me hesitate a little is my 3 monitor setup.
Another user said that it isn't a problem.Do anyone here use a tablet with 2-3 monitors?

archonforest

Taking daily vitamins and Multi mineral tablets can help to heal and prevent similar things. But do not buy these plastic vitamins that u can get in an general drug store(Aphoteke) or whatever the name of this shops. Get to a fitness center or order some from the net. Vitamin B Complex is excellent for the nerv system just make sure you get a good dosage. There is one called B-50 complex. Meaning in the capsule the majority of the b vitamins are presented in 50mg dosage. If u take this make sure you take at least 500mg C vit together. 1000mg would be better. 
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

AP

Agreed and do not forget that food itself can heal. Sense this is an inflammatory issue, it would be a good idea to see if that is possibly contributing to the issue. Simple carbohydrates, starchy and sugary food sources can be a serious cause for any type of inflammatory conditions. There are food sources that are helpful to be anti-inflammatory such as leafy greens, especially powerful in juice form, the good fats, ginger. Basically, a more plant-based diet helps in these areas and in many, many others. Lots and lots of water.

I have taken thousands of milligrams of C, it is safe to do when particularly sick. I have done this more times then i can count so no harm. You just extract some of it out. ;)  B's are great but make sure they are not junk sources and from plant/food sourced.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/     These folks are great.

Make sure to avoid opiate based pain killers as much as possible. In the US, it seems there is an addiction to pain killers with a negligence to eliminate the real cause of what causes inflammation. Pain killers only mask the pain in the end.

Clay

type this in google, will help you almost immediately! I do it everyday.: motion exercises for carpal tunnel

Dune

Hey Kadri, see here: http://www.lightroomfanatic.com/tutorials/advanced/tip-using-wacom-tablet-dual-monitors-lightroom-photoshop/ and maybe google some more. I think it's possible, at least with 2 monitors.
And here's some text I read on another forum:
QuoteThe wacom control pallet (go for Wacom!) let you fine tune several settings, even on a program by program basis but even without using it, using 2 (or more) screens is really very comfortable. The only drawback is that you never will go back to using 1 screen :-)

If you don't already own a tablet you should think about the size you will buy. Larger tablets are not only much more expensive they also have a very large footprint and they require big movement of the arms while smaller tablets require movement of the wrist. (English is not my native language so I hope you will understand what I am trying to say)
Most people are comfortable with a A5 size but that is of course very personal. Bigger is not always better. Oh well ....