creating 360x180 spherical panoramas

Started by burgor57, August 09, 2015, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burgor57

Hi - new here. Tried Terragen in past - loved it. Just got latest version on trial. I am creating aerial 360 panoramas and want to drop in 360x180 spherical panorama skies where the drone cant get the images. I see that Terragen 3 can create such images but cant find any useful help on how to go about that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A video tutorial would be brilliant if one exists. Anyone got any Terragen created 360x180 spherical panoramas I could see?
Thanks guys (and gals).

PabloMack

Turning on the Spherical Camera is pretty easy. Just check the last option in the General Tab of any Camera Node. Make sure that the camera is horizontally oriented or else the image you get will have an unwanted tilt to it when you go to view it later.

burgor57

What is the process? Does the scene need several renders at different degrees rotation around the 360 or does Terragen generate a single 360x180 panorama in one take?
Are there any tutorials or videos anywhere to help me along with this you know of?
Thanks

burgor57

Or alternatively, has anyone got any 360x180 spherical panoramas generated with Terragen where there is a suitably realistic natural looking sky with light small clouds I could see or test? Perhaps the way forward is to work with a Terragen artist who can create what I need to order. Any thoughts?

PabloMack

Quote from: burgor57 on August 09, 2015, 05:32:40 PMWhat is the process? Does the scene need several renders at different degrees rotation around the 360 or does Terragen generate a single 360x180 panorama in one take? Are there any tutorials or videos anywhere to help me along with this you know of? Thanks

The process is the same as with a perspective camera. The camera produces a single image in a single render such as the one that I posted above. Did you not realize what it is? You need a spherical viewer in order to view it such as KoloEyes which is free. You can wrap this image around a sphere and you get everything that could be seen from the point where the camera is located. I think you are expecting it to be more complicated than it is.

Oshyan

I should point out that you will need one of the Professional versions of Terragen 3 to even see (and enable) the Spherical Camera option. It is not available on the Free or Creative versions. You can contact us at support AT planetside.co.uk if you would like a trial of one of the Professional versions to test this feature.

- Oshyan