Back to the roots - in the desert...

Started by DocCharly65, August 27, 2015, 03:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Since I learned some little details about PoseRay I have a nice combination of tools for my work on objects now. With the combination of PoseRay, Wing3D and Blender I could change some things in my desert, that disturbed me.

Here a comparison of a Viper fly-by render.

Old:

[attach=1]

New:

[attach=2]

The old truck is a (minimal) retextured model from Turbosquid (I hated the original headlights), covered via ivy-generator.

[attachimg=3]

Plants mostly from the XFrog Africa-collection (I used the "African Boxwood" without leaves [via opacity on 0] to get that dry grass with the straw-like appearance)
The "mosesly-buildings" from sci-fy3d almost completely retextured and slightly rearranged and some new added.
Viper prepared for animation including a headbanging pilot  ;)

Of course animations will follow.  :)

kaedorg

Nice work. Waiting to see more of this.

David

Kadri

Nice :)

A different old spaceship or old viper instead of a car maybe?

Hannes

That looks really really good, but the DOF in the first image makes it look like a model. Careful with DOF I say all the time!

DocCharly65

Thanks all.

Hannes you are soooooo right... Good luck that pic is an almost 1 year old study. I also remember my skyscraper & copter in model look...  ;D
DOF as well as Atmosphere/Haze/Sunrays are quite carefully to be used and also depend on the average size of the scene and the objects in it.

Kadri, you have a nice idea there but in the planned story it is important that "usual, normal, commonly accepted  devices" will not work. Only strange, foreign or alien looking, disabled or even silly looking devices will work... eg. the bike at the pool looks nice... but will not start  ;)

...now I must go and search the TRex-skeleton in the scene for the "remake" of the R2D2-animation ... :o 8)
...got it...  :)

DocCharly65

I hope I do not bore you with another small step in this scene...
Another very very small step with very very big effort.

Guess, what I hope to find when I come home tonight... and please keeping your fingers crossed that it has worked...

[attach=1]

Dune

You don't bore me, Nils. I just wish there were more people sharing their ideas and tests, it's way too dull here. Used to be a lot more lively.

This looks terrific, just like all your other stuff. Only thing I'm a bit reluctant about is the leafless shrub. 

DocCharly65

Thanks Dune  :)

In the animation I think you will not be reluctant about the leafless shrub at 300mph  ;D

The good news - the principle worked!
The less good news - I need some more tries until I am satisfied with the dust behind the Viper...

I'll open the animation Topic in some minutes  ;)

Dune

You're right of course, didn't think of the speed.

DocCharly65

While the desert-animation is rendering I go on collecting and testing some ideas...

Though the helmet in the desert animation will stay closed, I tried to put a face into it and open the helmet visor...
I hope until I start working with the end scenes I will be experienced enough that I can risk a closeup.

[attach=1]

Hannes

The face looks very good.
Is there some DOF or is the texture of the fighter blurred?

j meyer

Judging by the helmet design that guy must be a thief or so.
Hopefully the final movie will show what happened. ;)

DocCharly65

Quote from: j meyer on November 06, 2015, 11:37:09 AM
Judging by the helmet design that guy must be a thief or so.
Hopefully the final movie will show what happened. ;)

WORSE!!!  ;D 8)

Everything will be explained. And everything will be absolutely unlogical and weird, promised!  ;)

@ Hannes: It's in fact a mistake of either the texture or the bumb map. But for this single shot I didn't care because on one side this "cheap DoF" is ok for me and on the other side in the final film this view will not appear - the helmet keeps closed until the end... :o 8)

Flythru

Nice work. On the 4th shot are those modified box woods they look great. Also the ground in the same shot did you use  image projection or shaders. Nice tone, spot on.