Muddy river

Started by Cocateho, August 27, 2015, 04:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocateho

First big test on this scene. Going for that hot/hazy summer day on the river vibe.

yossam

Going tubing................. ;)

bobbystahr

Nice one, reminds me of the Red River(the northern one not the Texan one)that runs through Winnipeg. Winnipeg actually means where the muddy waters mix.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Curious where this goes. I like the idea and the scene.

What I noticed is:
The groundcovering plants seem a bit too green in my eyes and the trees on the right side look as if they want to jump into the water.

Cocateho

Thanks guys! Actually put this one on a shelf because it took so long to render with the atmospherics... tried turning them down but it just wasn't the same. I do intend to come back to this though when I have the patience for a long render  ;D ...

Quote from: DocCharly65 on September 03, 2015, 10:27:06 AM
What I noticed is:
The groundcovering plants seem a bit too green in my eyes and the trees on the right side look as if they want to jump into the water.

Here's a reference image. I do agree on the groundcover, its a bit too vivid, and the trees could use some more variation. The trees naturally fall towards and grow out over the river though as sediment erodes from the banks.

DocCharly65

I see - interesting template.
Now I'm even more curious how close you come to that... You can do it  ;) :)

Edit:
I compared both pics next to each other and thought that perhaps a "second level" with a bit higher trees behind the first ones could help? They look smaller because your river looks wider (perhaps because of the rougher waves?).

Cocateho

Doc, I like that idea. I'll have to sift through the tree models I have to find something that looks right. One thing I've always disliked about the xfrog models (95% of what I use) is that they're all designed like they grew in a park. I think I've got to have SOMETHING though haha. Looking at the two together I see how off the wave scale is now, so I'll fix that too.

Cocateho

Updated the trees and water  :D

Oshyan

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quite a difference! Now work on the clouds a bit...

Cocateho

Thanks everyone! Here's slightly better quality so I could see more detail and tweaked the clouds a bit. Still takes way too long, trying to decide how big to make the final.

Dune