more rocks

Started by Cocateho, August 28, 2015, 05:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocateho

Kadri's rock study made me want to try out those ideas for myself, so I gave it a go. Not as good but still fun to mess with  ;D

TheBadger

pretty cool results. There are some nice things happening in your image. I rather like the natural steps/stairs along the cliff edge.
Hard to know the scale here though... It looks pretty massive.
It has been eaten.

Cocateho

Same terrain with a bit more color variation and different area. Badger you asked about scale, here you go  ;)

Cocateho

HD version with some minor tweaks.

TheBadger

You could actually add some fake stones and some sand and such, and have a good final, rather than just a test.

Some out crops would be good too.

The lady defines the scale perfectly.
It has been eaten.

inkydigit

Echo badger, this is looking good...
:)

Tangled-Universe

In this particular example there's quite a bit noisy displacement going on on the flatter slopes.
My advice in general would be to keep the roughness of the displacement low for each power fractal.
Then, when main displacements are in place/as wanted, start increasing roughness for power fractals.
This generally gives nicer results and more control over how your steep surfaces will look.

DocCharly65

Especially the first one is my favorite with the close view on that impressive wall!

Cocateho

Here's an update, higher res, better sand IMO, and some post processing for a little extra "epic" feel.

DocCharly65

There must be a Stargate - somewhere over there must be a Stargate - I'm sure...  ;D

Really impressive! Like!

...still sure there must be a Stargate...

Dune

Cocateho

Quote from: DocCharly65 on September 03, 2015, 12:07:39 PM
There must be a Stargate - somewhere over there must be a Stargate - I'm sure...  ;D

Really impressive! Like!

...still sure there must be a Stargate...

It's a poster for the revamp, Stargate: TG3  ;)

Glad you all like it  :)

DocCharly65

Very important news! Very very great!

2 weeks ago I finished 3rd time the journey SG1 > Atlantis > Universe... so sad that Brad Wright gave up...  :'(

But now... Stargate: TG3...   David Hewlett and his sister playing again? Robert Carlyle waking up again?
But seriously I thought about: What if e.g. Joss Whedon would do a final "Stargate: Universe - movie" like he did for "Firefly"?