Name that tune

Started by yossam, September 05, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

TheBadger

Quote from: yossam on September 05, 2015, 09:47:43 PM
Still of the Night. ;)

Still of the night?...

Ba ha ha ha HA! Nope, never would have thought of it.  ;D ;D Good one man!

Also, that snake looks pretty freaking great. In fact I was going ask if something else is going on here. I don't recall seeing glass and surfacing on the snake so very crisp on many imported objects. Any trickery here?
It has been eaten.

yossam

Badger

Not really..............played with GISD a lot that's all. The "glass" objects have an inside and outside layer. That's two shaders per object, at least. Some have four.  Wasn't real happy about the coils in the distillers.............they also have glass shaders, but came up black for some reason, being inside a glass object I guess. Render time wasn't too bad considering all the glass and chrome. I like the first render better as far as reflections.............I adjusted the GISD down in the second pic.  ;D

AP

Alright, glam metal i never listened to so any wonder i was way off.    ;D

AP

Other then that, cool snake and the glass looks great.  8)

Dune

Indeed, a very fine render, Richard!

yossam

I had to go back and fix some things that were wrong............it probably wasn't noticeable, but I knew they were wrong. While tinkering, I messed with the liquid shaders............too much? The render below is low res just to show the difference.............yays or nays?

Dune

Yay! Pretty cool liquids now.

fleetwood

The Corks are getting better and better too.

j meyer

As for the glass going black thing you might find an explanation here
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,19517.0.html
Nice render btw. 8)

yossam

Last one..............went back and worked on the "liquid" shaders some more.  ;D

inkydigit

Love this wouldn't have guessed the tune either, was thinking 'smoke on the water' Black Sabbath Deep Purple - edit, colour blindness!!! :)

Metal, but not whitesnake!
:)
If the brickwork was less fuzzy and had some bump, it would be perfect...
J

DocCharly65

Quote from: inkydigit on September 08, 2015, 04:13:47 AM
If the brickwork was less fuzzy and had some bump, it would be perfect...
J

I agree...

But aside from a great picture!

otakar

Fun one, thanks for the entertainment! And Monster Mash is one of my faves, but never seen that video - when music was still fun...