suburban road

Started by DocCharly65, September 15, 2015, 06:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

THe church silhouette is just downright cool.  :)

Hannes

I have a question about the girl (honourable intentions!! ;)):
Are the folds of her dress geometry or is it a bump map? It looks quite realistic.

kaedorg

Quote from: Hannes on October 07, 2015, 03:14:39 AM
I have a question about the girl (honourable intentions!! ;)):
Are the folds of her dress geometry or is it a bump map? It looks quite realistic.

You're closely looking at her  ::) ;)

David

DocCharly65

Nice to see that you all have fun  ;D

Oshyan and Hannes: She's a 3D model from this post: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,20480.0.html
It's a 3D model and most part of the folds are modelled (I think scanned)

My latest experiment was another house from TF3DM (on the right side) and some variations of tree-shadows. Also I changed the cobble stones because the models were quite bad and looked good only from exact the direction of the render above. But for the animation they have to look good from all sides! Another girl checked the size of the busstop and especially the height of its bench for me.

Time to export the working scene-parts into tgc-files and to integrate into the big tgd-file of the road. (I use this way to work for a faster workflow because it's easier to develope smaller scenes and put them together later (I learned the hard in my poolhouse scene  ;) )
So one more view from the other direction... today with Rosy and her sister  ;)

[attach=1]

3D anaglyph:

[attach=2]

Dune

That bus can take its time getting here  ;)

Don't you run into problems when importing tgc into the main scene with overlapping features? Or do you mask out the main working area for each scene?

DocCharly65

Ok - I'll wait a long long time untill I put any bus in the tgd  ;D

I mostly only integrate objects or object groups (busstop e.g. is 3 seperate parts because of the glass parts)
so I almost never run into problems because not having overlapping features. It's only a tool for me to have high working speed while experimenting with objects and get all the texture and other settings into the scene later.

When I tried the integration of the cracks in the street as tgc as I also had no problems. But that was in the beginning. Now I have app. 80 objects and 81 populations in the scene. It's a complicated work but when it's finished I can just switch between the cameras (if needed activate or deactivate not needed pops or objects). At the moment I have big advantages with this strategy while I'm rendering the desert scene from 4 camera perspectives.

Edit 12:44

In this moment I see exactly the problem comming you talked about, Ulco, but also the solution.  ;)
The glass shaders of the houses and the busstop could collide with some glass shaders in the big "suburban" tgd.
I better give them unmistakable names to avoid overlapping

Dune

Thanks for explaining. Getting so much pops and objects in always makes me very nervous. Hoping TG won't crash or get unresponsive while it's getting near final stages. Naming is essential, indeed. If you have a lot of similar texture maps, you could also import those first and refer to them from each object or pop. Saves memory.

Oshyan

Very impressive models then, they look quite good, even the skin.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

More impressive with every addition...that's one photo real bus stop render....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Sorry for making the Busstop a little more "unreal" again - I had to test "my Tardis" today. On this occasion I practised texturing and completely disassembled the original object file. The original looked extremely like extracted from a computergame. Also I didn't like the original handle and lock only painted onto the texture... there had to be a real handle and lock...

Also first time I tested my new dandelion I had searched for since that nice photo from Upon Infinity here http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20595.0;attach=60229

Just because of my playfulness I gave the girls a magazine and a Fashion Handbag - little poseray-texturing training - And not so easy to find one that was matching to them  ;).

[attach=1]

In 3-4 hours the right eye frame should also be finished for a 3D view.

Kadri

Nice.
Just one thing that you are probably aware too. The edges most of the objects are too sharp.
Depending on the object some beveling on the edges and more variety on the textures (Diffuse and reflections variety) would be nice.

DocCharly65

Working on exact this in exact this moment  :)

DocCharly65

Nothing special today...
I only played a very long time with textures, bumpmaps and reflective shaders until I got the slightly untidy painted look with a slight gloss espacialy at some of the edges. Returned to the "original design" of the Tardis ... no Ladies today to keep the focus on the object.  ;)

Also I played a little with some DoF settings. -- Works best in 3D
...and did some experiments with placement of light and shadows.

[attach=1]

The "3D red-blue anaglyph" version:

[attach=2]

The jps for 3D TV
[attachurl=3]

Oshyan

Looks much better!

- Oshyan