suburban road

Started by DocCharly65, September 15, 2015, 06:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

A WIP for you from (almost) the beginning...

In my eyes I already can see all the houses on the right, the meadow on the left, a busstop somewhere...

The road is (except the manhole) only shaders... and hundreds of cubes again (this time they are curbstones)  ::) ;D
The road will be 1500m long and the Viper is the complete road to fly... much to do...

[attach=1]

Dune

Looks good, but why cubes? Procedural displacement (simple shape, with some regular interval) is perhaps just as easy or easier?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 15, 2015, 09:28:31 AM
Looks good, but why cubes? Procedural displacement (simple shape, with some regular interval) is perhaps just as easy or easier?

Agree...all those cubes seems a lot of work that needn't be done to me as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

You are both right. :)

of course it's less hard work as you think... copy - paste - move 6 units in direction x - drop to ground...
But later it's a just to heavy "Object-Management"  ;)
But in fact for me it's time to learn something new.

Good suggestion, Ulco - I also had the idea with the shape, (The road, the lines and the sidewalk are based on shapes)
At the moment I just have no concrete idea how to do the regular interval. Very deep in the back ob my brain there are some ideas. Perhaps I can test some things tomorrow.

At the moment I can rest a bit and take enough time, because all except one TG-licences are rendering and about 3-4 animations are waiting to start. (2020 is coming closer and closer  :o ;)  )

Dune

Regular interval can be done with a sinus function. X to scalar, some divide or multiply to get the distance right, sinus.... color adjust, or clamp something. Something like that. But your road needs to go south or west, or you'd have to use a rotation as well.

EDIT: quick experiment. The add scalar can probably be done with a neater solution for a nice gully between the sections, but I'm not a mathematician.

DocCharly65

Sorry Ulco, I did experiments almost the complete night. But in the morning I gave up...
Too tired and a little frustated that I didn't get anything to work via functions I found a solution without functions today... and not one cube - I promise!
But I experimented with Quick_Vori_Cracks by Mr_Lamppost. Functions are still not my world but some little ideas worked...

Next step this evening was a general check of the dimensions with some achive3D.net-Objects and the nice girl from Andysocial's post...  ;)

[attach=1]

yossam

Really nice..............I'll be watching.  ;D

Dune

Looking really good. So what did you use for the verge? BTW, I would warp the cracks a little (more). But if this will also be a fast flyover, don't bother  ;)

DocCharly65

Perhaps I will play a little with the cracks... for adjusting my learning curve - but as you say... ;)

The curb stones? -- I took advantage of the absolutely straight road in the X direction...
Many parts of this tgd-file are populations bounded by shape shaders and spacing variation set to 0.

The curbs and the telephone poles needed some additional lean effect so that the ends touch reasonably clean, because the plane is slightly curved in reality.

Hannes

Looks really good! I guess you used the same girl twice for testing purposes. She looks great.
And fleshy! ;)

Dune

And she's ready to be picked up  :P

kaedorg

Quote from: Dune on September 17, 2015, 09:31:31 AM
And she's ready to be picked up  :P

I would suggest to replace the flowers with a teddy bear.
Signal for children crossing and if a building (school welcome).
Otherwise Ulco will lose concentration on his rocky compositions  8)

David

DocCharly65

;D nice comments!  :)

To avoid that you all lose all the concentration, I rearranged the image to a more mystic version...

Twins or Twilight Zone? I wouldn't trust both... But how would you feel, if you meet yourself waiting next to a cornfield?  :o :o :o

[attach=1]

And if there is any image predestinated for stereoscopic 3D  -  This one is surely!

[attach=2]

You will need the blue-red-glasses again.
At home I'm rendering a 4000px version at the moment. Left eye tonight and right eye tomorrow (I hope so)

But which I am most proud of, is the new telephon/power cables... last night I learned how to stretch and bend a cube in Wings3D... You could say a kind of midnight Wings3D-Yoga  ;D

But seriously! The original model was a disaster!

Old:
[attach=3]

New:
[attach=4]

archonforest

Wow this cool!
Guess u put the other girl into the focus purposely right?
IMHO I would take out the car and the girl from the dof zone and blur the rest.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd