Paso del Coyote

Started by zaxxon, October 09, 2015, 11:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

Dune was kind enough to send me one of his fairly recent files (Sept 23rd), and doubly kind in letting me share an image from that set up. All vegetation done with Speedtree.

kaedorg

Beautiful. Very good POV. Coyote is gonna jump in a second.

David

mhaze

Superb!  Great idea. The wolf's expression is wonderful(hmmmn is that food looking at me). Foreground veg, trees and the rock look great.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

otakar

Superb. Unusual camera spot for a render, love it!

RArcher

Each time you post a render using what you've created in Speedtree makes me want to get the software a little more.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Lady of the Lake

zaxxon

Thank you all for the positive comments! Credit Dune with some masterful displacement work, I just added the 'frosting' to the 'cake'. Neither Vue or World machine can create the magnificent displacements that TG is capable of. But without the added definition created by foliage the terrain details don't always create the varied scenes that appear as 'Natural'. Having an full inventory of what I think of as "filler objects' to fit in the little nooks and crannies really defines the underlying structure. To create these in ST is beyond simple, and to create endless variations is even simpler. It's really great to see more and more folks using ST in TG. While there is a tremendous collection of free foliage models available to TG users, to my eye the vegetation in the images posted here is usually too sparse. Another component in a 'natural' render that is too often missing are what I call 'habitat trees' (I dislike the term 'dead trees'). Nature is not in a static state, but rather a continuum, an ongoing process where even the decaying objects are part of a 'living' environment. The old adage "Nature abhors a vacuum" is so evident in any walk thru open country, or for that matter a weed-grown vacant lot. Once again I have found ST to be an excellent tool for creating all the ancillary foliage that can surround and present the excellent trees that ST is known for. In an interview with the ST creators, they stated that their initial feed back from the AA Game Industry producers was to create "an Artists tool". The application's success is in large part (imo) due to that philosophy. Trees should not be 'engineered' but created as the unique and flowing wind and soil creatures that they are.  Probably enough rant for now though!  :)

Thanks again!

bobbystahr

I imagine that a lot of the sparseness is us Free users and our 3 pop limit. My stuff I'm working on in TG2Full is looking a lot more 'natural' due to increased pops of different stuff.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

zaxxon

I do understand that Bobby. Curious to know what the ratio is these days?

DocCharly65

I love that POV... and funny - I want to feed that dog  ;D
Very nice and convincing composition!