Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Official)

Started by AP, October 20, 2015, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

There were a few "off" moments for me, but overall it was enjoyable, and I even got a little of those "chills" one gets sometimes in seeing something "epic". So, quite promising and I'm looking forward to it. Haven't bought my tickets yet, but contemplating it...

- Oshyan

Upon Infinity

I think I'm going to avoid watching it (the trailer).  I always get disappointed with the movie when the it doesn't live up to the hype or whatever narrative the trailer puts out, which may be vastly different than what's in the movie.

AP

I will reserve my opinion of the film after i see it, until then the nostalgia is strong in this one.   

Tangled-Universe

TheBadger

I have to say that it feels like it will be better than the last 3 films. I won't go see it till its been out for a week or 3 though.
It has been eaten.

AP

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on October 21, 2015, 02:22:10 AM
Yeah, it's calling to you, isn't it? ;) :)

Perhaps after i see the film it will give me a call.    ;)

AP

Quote from: TheBadger on October 21, 2015, 04:26:10 PM
I have to say that it feels like it will be better than the last 3 films. I won't go see it till its been out for a week or 3 though.

Tickets are already for pre-sale and i can't imagine seeing it until sometime in January.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: TheBadger on October 21, 2015, 04:26:10 PM

To then find yourself sitting amidst bored youngsters ;)

I don't take my chances when it comes to things like this: I have tickets for the 3rd night it will be out and because of that the theater will be packed with people who all *want* to see it.

Oshyan

All the lightsabers in the audience when I saw Ep 1 didn't save the movie from being crap. ;) But I do generally like seeing films with fan audiences when possible.

- Oshyan

AP

To sum it up short, i will never watch the prequels ever again.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Chris on October 22, 2015, 06:05:09 PM
To sum it up short, i will never watch the prequels ever again.

Considering them in overall I would agree.

Each episode has some nice scenes though.
The pod race of ep 1 and the chase at coruscant of ep 2 were really nice.
Ep 3 wasn't as bad as the first 2 I'd say.

I think what's causing the complete crazyness over this trailer is most of all the combination that there is a new SW movie and that it looks and feels "right". Familiar. It's a trip down memory lane of the SW universe, only a new story.

Upon Infinity

If Disney does at least as well with Star Wars as they did with Pirates of The Caribbean, I'd be quite happy.

AP

I could go on for days as to what is wrong with the prequels but i don't need the heartache.  ;)

AP

I did not care much for Pirates of The Caribbean. Jack sparrow was entertaining, johnny depp but for me it was all easily forgettable. I found keith richards small role amusing.