Hue Adjustment

Started by WAS, October 22, 2015, 09:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Maybe I'm missing something here. But Terragen has a Color Adjust shader (which is not really color adjust, it's a brightness/contrast shader) is there a way to adjust hues? For example, lets say I have a series of PFs making up a nice terrain texture, what if i want to patch in the same terrain with a RGB adjustment, is that possible?

Tangled-Universe

It *is* a colour adjust.

Just stack a few PF's to make some varied colours, then plug that into a colour adjust shader and increase black level.
The result will be indeed with much higher contrast, as you mentioned, but you will also see that the colours are very strongly affected.

You don't necessarily have to stick to black and white as control points. If you give the black/white point a hue then it should affect the input's hue.

WAS

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on October 23, 2015, 02:07:47 PM
It *is* a colour adjust.

Just stack a few PF's to make some varied colours, then plug that into a colour adjust shader and increase black level.
The result will be indeed with much higher contrast, as you mentioned, but you will also see that the colours are very strongly affected.

You don't necessarily have to stick to black and white as control points. If you give the black/white point a hue then it should affect the input's hue.

That's just vibrancy related to levels, again, related to contrast and brightness in a simpler way, there is no RGB Hue control. You can't even adjust the Saturations of colors besides adding white, which doesn't reduce color to their greyscale alternatives, but adds literally white so it gets too bright.

What I'm saying is I've done this already, lighter and darker variations of the same textures, but I need RGB control for other ideas, such as the oil slick I'm working on where coloring is based on refraction of the nearest neighbor.

mhall

Have you played with the Build HSV Color Node?

I just had a quick poke at things and I'm not sure exactly what you need to do, but this node does allow for supplying an input as an adjustment of Hue/Saturation/Value pretty simply.

Regards,
Micheal

WAS

Quote from: mhall on October 23, 2015, 05:35:56 PM
Have you played with the Build HSV Color Node?

I just had a quick poke at things and I'm not sure exactly what you need to do, but this node does allow for supplying an input as an adjustment of Hue/Saturation/Value pretty simply.

Regards,
Micheal

It looks promising, I'll take a look at it. Thanks for letting me know.

All I was looking for was RGB control.

WAS

So here is what I came up with using the Build HSV Color. I am wondering why no detail of said terrain is available? Or am I using this wrong? I can get any solid color I want, but not with PF detail.