Even more rocks

Started by mhaze, October 30, 2015, 04:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Mainly a rock test but I might finish it and add/improve the veggies.

Oshyan

Very nice. I like your little creek and everything. :)

- Oshyan

mhaze

Thank you- too much of  Dune's influence maybe!! :D

Dune

Very cool result, Mick. You've got it! Very subtle waterfalls also. Procedural or painted in?
BTW. there's a map missing from your trees; cap.tga

mhaze

Ta Dune. Water is procedural, I wanted to create a damp effect the rock is too rough and instead it looks like a small waterfall!. I think I know what the problem is. I know about the cap if I finish this I'll add it in. Well spotted btw.

WAS

I am absolutely in love with those cliff faces! Like wow! This is the type of effect I've been trying to achieve. Got close with one of my attempts, just didn't work well on a cliff face as it did on a column. :(

I'd love to know more about this rock study.  :-X

otakar

So the waterfall is accidental? Very cool effect I'd say!

mhaze

Thanks for the kind comments - Yes a happy half accident ;)

zaxxon

Well done Mick! You and Dune seem to be the pioneers of this type of terrain and it's fun to watch you guys create scene after scene of great interest!

Hannes

mhaze

DocCharly65

I love that creek. Very nice work!  :)

mhaze

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 31, 2015, 03:31:13 AM
Very cool result, Mick. You've got it! Very subtle waterfalls also. Procedural or painted in?
BTW. there's a map missing from your trees; cap.tga

oooh, the wee white circles...good catch Ulco....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: zaxxon on November 05, 2015, 03:09:50 PM
Well done Mick! You and Dune seem to be the pioneers of this type of terrain and it's fun to watch you guys create scene after scene of great interest!

Gotta agree to this, even with the missing cap texture....I myself didn't notice that till Ulco spotted it so that says a lot for the pic....I aspire to do a cliff like this some day.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist