Fractal procedural erosion shader public beta

Started by Daniil, November 15, 2015, 01:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniil

Procedural Erosion v0.4.1 beta (currently TG4-only build)

- Shader is renamed. Now there are Procedural Erosion and Classic Erosion.
- Added full-fledged support of "Surface layer" and "Distribution" shaders. Now it is possible to erode only slopes (or whatever selected by aforementioned shaders)!
[attach=1]
- Fixed bug with preview - now it always updates automatically.
- Shader recognizes project changes more precisely now and doesn't reset the cache on switching TG's GUI tabs.

No other features - those pics that I posted are from totally different procedural erosion shader

Daniil.

KyL

Awesome! I am using the previous version on a daily basis, glad to see further development on it!

AP

How does the full-fledged support of the Surface layer and Distribution shaders function?

Daniil

Quote from: AP on November 12, 2017, 06:53:58 AM
How does the full-fledged support of the Surface layer and Distribution shaders function?
Now it is possible to select desired slope or altitude range using distribution shader and mask Erosion shader using this selection. It didn't work in previous version (just masking by powerfractal or simple shape worked).

Stormlord

Thank you so much for your generous gift. I really like ylour erosion shaders. I agree with Hannes, please keep them up to date!

STORMLORD

3D Lunatic

I got the erosion plugin, am searching the forums for a tutorial on how to do rivers. If anyone can provide a link, I would be grateful. Thanks!

mhaze

Hi all,
I'm getting colour bleed through with classic erosion from maps  where two lots of water join. If I turn maps off it goes away, If I use one lot of water it goes away. Any suggestions

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on June 01, 2018, 11:21:55 AM
Hi all,
I'm getting colour bleed through with classic erosion from maps  where two lots of water join. If I turn maps off it goes away, If I use one lot of water it goes away. Any suggestions

Nada springs to mind, perhaps post a .tgd for inspection purposes
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Shigawire

Loving the new Erosion shader, Daniil. The support for surface layer and distribution is a godsend.

I just have a problem:
1.I have saved the erosion data,
2.ticked "read erosion data on load",
3.TG4...
4.Load up TG4 again
5.Load the project
6.Erosion is not applied to the scene, and when I try to load it, nothing happens to the scene.
7.I have to do the whole "Erode" process all over again..

This can be especially annoying when TG4 crashes a lot on me.

Njen

Any movement on the issue that Shigawire mentioned? Because it is happening to me too.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

This thread is for the Fractal Procedural Erosion Shader, which is different from Classic Erosion.
Here is the Classic Erosion thread:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=23759.0

Daniil has already fixed that problem with Classic Erosion which I assume is what you are using, but he hasn't released the new version yet.  I was helping him on this issue just this week.  I would guess the new version would be released very soon.  If you email him directly he usually gives you the fix right away even before it is released.

Daniil Kamperov Website:  https://daniilkamperov.com/
Have any problems? Please email: support@daniilkamperov.com

Hope that helps!

-Derek

Shigawire

Quote from: Njen on March 05, 2019, 06:15:27 PM
Any movement on the issue that Shigawire mentioned? Because it is happening to me too.

He's responded to me in email. Contact him at his email, you'll get the help. :)

Thanks for helping out D. A. Bentley and Daniil.

AP

Is there going to be any feature additions and various improvements for the Fractal Procedural Erosion shader in the future?

Daniil

Quote from: AP on March 09, 2019, 04:39:27 PM
Is there going to be any feature additions and various improvements for the Fractal Procedural Erosion shader in the future?
I afraid there won't be serious improvements. This shader was just experiment, and this algorithm is mostly exhausted all possibilities. I actually have other, much better procedural erosion algorithm in development (but it is freezed now), and multiple ideas of other procedural and semi-procedural erosion algorithms, but research and development of procedural erosion is quite hard and complex process which would take a lot of time, and, most likely, still won't have commercial success.

Daniil