Classic Erosion plugin

Started by Daniil, November 03, 2017, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniil

Hello,

I am pleased to present my new plugin for Terragen: Classic Erosion

[attachimg=1 width=800]
Image courtesy of Ulco Glimmerveen

It is powerful heightmap-based erosion shader, simulating realistic fluvial and thermal erosion and also including rivers mode. Traditional heightmap-based approach allows fast rendering, unlike my procedural erosion shader.

[attachimg=2 width=800]
Image courtesy of Martin Huisman

[attachimg=3 width=800]

[attachimg=4 width=800]

Classic Erosion plugin is available for Windows as both free and commercial editions. Free version may be used only for non-commercial purposes, and has limited heightmap resolution. Commercial version is available for $25.

Sorry, no Mac version yet. As soon as Terragen SDK for Mac will be ready, I'll start to work at macOS version.

Detailed description and more picture examples are on my site: https://daniilkamperov.com

Daniil.

AP

Thank you very much for the work that went into this plugin.

digitalguru

Looks great, does this output masks to shade the erosion? and what is the max height field limit for the free version?

Daniil

Quote from: digitalguru on November 03, 2017, 06:03:46 AM
Looks great, does this output masks to shade the erosion? and what is the max height field limit for the free version?
Yes, plugin outputs masks into RGB channels, which can be split using "red/green/blue to scalar" functions.
Heighmap resolution is limited to 1024 in free version.

Daniil.

Daniil

Besides maps, it also can be masked and controlled by other shaders. For example, here is how volcano can be created if to control erosion by simple shape shader:

[attach=1]

I haven't wrote user manual yet, but I'll try to describe in short how to use the plugin, possibly in this weekend.

Daniil

AP

Is the procedural erosion shader no longer going to be developed?

Daniil

Quote from: AP on November 03, 2017, 07:32:26 AM
Well, in fact I did some research and development in procedural erosion (attached pics of procedural approach), but further development requires too much time and efforts. I still hope to return to it.

mhaze

Thanks!  Bought it already, looks great.

bobbystahr

Quote from: blinkfrog on November 03, 2017, 06:25:38 AM
Quote from: digitalguru on November 03, 2017, 06:03:46 AM

Heighmap resolution is limited to 1024 in free version.

Daniil.

There's a paid version? News to me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

Awesome ! Nice work on rolling this out Daniil
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

zaxxon

A nice addition to the Terragen toolset! I just purchased the plugin and look forward to trying it out. I was hoping that the procedural shader would allow for TG's vertical displacement capabilities to be mixed in with the erosion types, probably not the case with the heightmap  shader though? Thanks for your work on this and I'll look forward to additional releases!

AP

Quote from: blinkfrog on November 03, 2017, 07:51:55 AM
Quote from: AP on November 03, 2017, 07:32:26 AM
Well, in fact I did some research and development in procedural erosion (attached pics of procedural approach), but further development requires too much time and efforts. I still hope to return to it.

Alright, that is understandable. My other projects can wait as there are others to commit to.

pokoy

Congrats on the release! Finally a fully-fledged erosion tool in TG, amazing!

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

This looks amazing Daniil!  I haven't seen anyone ask yet, but is a multi-threaded version planned for a future update?  Just curious.  ;)

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on November 07, 2017, 09:01:22 PM
This looks amazing Daniil!  I haven't seen anyone ask yet, but is a multi-threaded version planned for a future update?  Just curious.  ;)

Oops, sorry.  I was only in the beginning stages of the erosion process (watching my cores in Task Manager).  Looks like it is already multi-threaded!!!  Sweet!