The winner is... a new morning

Started by DocCharly65, November 17, 2015, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

As promised: Someone had to raise the Teddy again  :)

[attach=1]

Plants by xFrog
Girl and Teddybear found on TF3DM

Dune

Nice light and layout. I would change the clouds though, I find them a bit 'uncontrolled'. My 2 cents, mind you.

Hannes

Agree with Ulco. The clouds look a bit weird.
And here is my favourite critisism: more ambient occlusion. There could be a lot more depth in the shadowed areas.
Otherwise a very nice image!

TheBadger

I do love that light and haze though! All the stuff past the water is really grabbing me, in that light and the feel of it. I agree it would be nice to have more depth in the darks in the foreground

8) nice one man
It has been eaten.

AP

Agree on occlusion and clouds as well. Overall, nice render.

DocCharly65

I'll do, what I can. But you exactly confirmed what I noticed too.
I just needed one finished render to collect the plans for the next revision (Rendertime 6h on the i7)

Also I was very carefull with changing the clouds so far because I was in love with that light.
The terrain is the same of course as the image with the sculls.

What I just recognized yesterday is the reason why the haze worked so nice: The girl is app. 700 meters high!
This little size slip made it a bit different this time to work on the clouds :D

Dune

DocCharly65

Depends on the models Ulco. I don't like changing too much in the original objects because I am no modeller at all. And many models have very individual sizes...  ;) 8)

This time it was a bit different. After Paris I just had a picture in my mind and chose the first camera position in the terrain, matching my idea. I placed the sculls and after that I had a presetting for all sizes now.

Kadri

I like it.
I think there is much more to find in that scene.What i would try to change would be the composition probably.
Not sure if it would work but It looks kind of too centered and the lower part doesn't add much to the image as it is now.

DocCharly65

Already in work (in my mind), Kadri  :)

When I come home from office I'll test some ideas tonight.

DocCharly65

Needed some more time. I hope it was worth it  :)

I changed the composition a bit to get a kind of untold story:
Girl and wolf see the deer but nobody will harm anybody.

I buyed a Girl-model with a less comic-like look and with a better licence (general licence and not ony personal use) by Mark Florquin found on cgtrader. Deer, flock of birds, butterflies and wolf from Turbosquid.

Hope you like it a bit:

[attach=1]

In 3D for red blue glasses:

[attach=2]

For  3D Monitors (R/L inverted for LG-TVs)
[attachurl=3]

Dune

I like it, nice calm 'confrontation' of worlds.

Hannes

It was worth it! Great improvement.

bobbystahr

agree and I really liked the surprise of finding teddy hidden in the weeds...LOL...you changed his position and I had to look.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist