measurement

Started by mogn, November 21, 2015, 09:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogn

Thanks for removing the last possibility to measure values (a surface layer with the shader connected to the displacement and the sublayer)
Previous the displasment function was removed.

Dune

Oshyan

I am not understanding what you are pointing out here. It sounds like you are seeing a feature missing, and are frustrated by it? But I can't figure out what you mean about "measuring values" (the Measurement Tool was the only real way to do that, or the values at the bottom of the 3d Preview of course). To my knowledge we have not intentionally removed any features of note, so let's find out what's going on and maybe we can see that there is a bug or something.

- Oshyan

Dune

Maybe mogn is an alpha tester as well and is complaining about the missing values at the bottom of the 3D preview (which I greatly miss as well!)

Oshyan

Ulco, please keep alpha discussion *off* this forum. Doesn't matter how small. As you know we're aware of the issue you're referring to and it will be addressed, it's not an intentional omission, of course.

And Mogn is not an alpha tester unless it's under a different name/email address...

- Oshyan

Dune

Sorry Oshyan, just trying to clarify mogn's words. You want me to edit?

mogn

My fault, I was testing discrete values in a procedural network.

Constant vector => get function => surface layer
with the get function disabled, ofcause dosn't work.

mogn

There are solution to the shaders with no input:
1: remove the input triangle
2: In case of not 1: colour the input.
3:Use to shader as a null shade.
4: My afforite: Jensen device: assign the input to any other shader,
changes in the outside connection will follow the new shader.