The Road Goes Past Here

Started by bobbystahr, December 17, 2015, 12:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Frustration with the olive trees and disturbingly long renders that I'm cancelling out of I decided to populate one of the models I've been collecting that have separate veg zones as objects now that I can use more than e models. There are 5 or 6 veg types on the model and 3 on the terrain. The model is fro JBJDesigns at sharecg  http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=jbjdesigns
for anyone interested in trying this out. All the models are XFROG freebies or from Walli.
C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

I like the complex.
Only thing I would fix the flowers kinda sitting on the walkway. Then those plants on the ground in between the trees a bit too big compare to anything else. Also the population or the clumping those flower groups are not very natural imho. I think they should just spread around on the ground in a more chaotic way :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on December 17, 2015, 06:07:54 AM
I like the complex.
Only thing I would fix the flowers kinda sitting on the walkway. Then those plants on the ground in between the trees a bit too big compare to anything else. Also the population or the clumping those flower groups are not very natural imho. I think they should just spread around on the ground in a more chaotic way :D

I understand but this was a test in populating by using existing objects to 'populate on'. Here's a 2nd test from another angle.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

oh I see, then I did not understand the purpose before :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on December 17, 2015, 10:59:58 AM

did you notice the stone border....image mapped using the Force displacement method...very handy
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

archonforest

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 17, 2015, 11:36:13 AM

did you notice the stone border....image mapped using the Force displacement method...very handy

Now yes :D

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on December 17, 2015, 01:53:39 PM
:) Keep it up Bobby!

Such a treat having the full program...frees up the creativity a lot not having to make compromises with only 3 pops at 1280 resolution...thanks again Amiga Santa, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on December 17, 2015, 01:33:55 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on December 17, 2015, 11:36:13 AM

Now yes :D

looking at it again this A M I think a remake of that displace map is in order as these are not supposed to be flat to rocks. I'll keep this one as well cuz who knows when I'll need 'em for a side walk.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Flythru

Nice place, if the ground across the road is populated it would be cool to see a lower level render from there, say 3/4 on. Plus a shader on the road.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Flythru on December 17, 2015, 05:06:42 PM
Nice place, if the ground across the road is populated it would be cool to see a lower level render from there, say 3/4 on. Plus a shader on the road.

I agree, the Render camera was the first image. This(Camera 1) was done mainly to correct the grass size and get a good view of the rocks displacement. I may extend the pops across the road and re do it.
EDIT
Actuallly the road with street lights is a pre-textured model but you can't see the details from this angle..also in the one I'm rendering now....May be doing another one yet.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

I like the place too.

I remember the nice time, when I "populated my poolhouse"  - Hope you have fun too!  :)

bobbystahr

Here's that corned shot all dressed up.  This will be the last as I demontrated, to at least myself, how accurate it is with popping on objects. As often is the case it's all a matter of scale. Went a bit overboard on the A O  in this one but I like the cartoony feel and that adobe is soooo nondescript. This also shows a corner of the pool and that's the poolhouse wall bottom right. Thanks for contributing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New