Hail to Boreas!

Started by zaxxon, December 30, 2015, 09:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

A simple high mountain snow scene to celebrate the recent snow in California's Sierra Nevada. After three years of drought the high mountains were as barren as at any time in recent memory. I live in the foothills below some of California's most beautiful mountains, and the return of the snow has indeed been a wonderful sight to behold!

TheBadger

Thanks for the info! I pretty much hate Cali (yeah I have been there) so I also kinda love it too... guess that is how people live there feel too ;D
Anyway, I am very glad to hear you got some snow back, hope its enough over time to refill your aquifers ???

Really nice image too. Hmmm, good news and a good image. Nice posting dude!!!

El Nino! ;D
It has been eaten.

AP

It may be simple but very effective. The cumulus clouds are a nice addition as well.

Dune

The terrain looks very natural. A worthy celebration, Doug.

mhaze

Excellent - very convincing image.  Glad you've got some snow back - weather is crazy here in the UK :-\

fleetwood

Nice render and hint of mystery in the clouds.

archonforest

Nice render. Rocks looks awesome!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Agreed. Great rocks and snow distribution.

lat 64

I just drove I-5 from Seattle to San Francisco Dec. 26-29th. Pretty rainy but all the folks we met were happy with it. The reservoir at Shasta was LOW!!! it reminded me of a TG render with the minimum altitude limits set too high on the vegetation.

Back in Alaska now with balmy temps at near freezing.

Happy holidays.

Oh...nice snow.

Russ
I'm a half century plus ten yrs old. Yikes!

DocCharly65

Very nice view! Great picture  :)

WAS

Nice work, love the look of the mountain. Could use some lateral cracking here and there to age it's smoothed erosion.

Snow intersections are nice, by the way. Very realistic.

inkydigit

Great scene, love the terrain and lighting... Cool clouds too! :)
J

El Kabong

Quote from: zaxxon on December 30, 2015, 09:38:59 PM
I live in the foothills below some of California's most beautiful mountains

Heya zaxxon. Where 'bouts in da foothills? I'm over on the east slope of Lake Tahoe south of Carson City. Yeah, much needed snow on the range. Looks great from the desert side also.

As far as the image, maybe a couple snowmobiles cutting up the snow pack, or a helicopter taking off from deploying a group of skiers.

Later, Ron

zaxxon

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

As I write the snow is falling in the high country. I'm at about 2,000 feet in elevation and the snow level is running between 4-5,000 feet, so much needed rain here.

Hi Ron, I know your area pretty well. I'm a real fan of the Eastern Slope and the Great Basin! I'm in Grass Valley on the California side.