Displacement Layer intersecting masked displacement

Started by WAS, December 31, 2015, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I seem to have issues with a simple sand shader intersecting with a masked displacement layer. It creates a weird effect and doesn't blend well. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm assuming it must have to do with the displacement offset between the different layers. Or the combinaton with the addition of the compute terrain on the masked displaced mounds.

yossam

What are you using to mask...........if I may ask? Dr. Seuss not intended.............. :)

WAS

Maybe a stripped TGD would help better.

"Mound Area" is the mask in question. I would like the mound to look natural and roll into the sand shaders, but having the mound in the beginning of the network and the sand at the end is proving to be a issue as well.

Anyone have any idea on how to blend it better?

Dune

May have to do with the clamping of color and the voronoi ridges in the mound shader, or perhaps the strata shader making an unwanted ridge, but I think the first. For mounds like this I would go for a soft SSS for the mound base and a tighter one (or color adjusted, or height restrained) for the mound, unless you want hundreds of them.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 01, 2016, 03:17:33 AM
May have to do with the clamping of color and the voronoi ridges in the mound shader, or perhaps the strata shader making an unwanted ridge, but I think the first. For mounds like this I would go for a soft SSS for the mound base and a tighter one (or color adjusted, or height restrained) for the mound, unless you want hundreds of them.

I was trying to go procedural, yes.  :-\ Drat I was trying to move away from that.