Norrland

Started by AP, January 07, 2016, 11:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Somewhere in Northern Scandinavia.

kaedorg

Very nice one and very realistic for scandinavia.
The only critic IMHO would be about the reflective shader on stones.
It seems a bit high for a quiet area. And the sky doesn't say that it was raining a few minutes ago.
Otherwise it is a very good one and I like panoramic renders

David

Dune

I agree with David. The terrain is perfect, like a high plateau bog, but I would indeed lower reflections on the rocks and also decrease wave size considerably, which would make it more subtle.

AP

I thought about those stones. I did lower the reflection quite a bit afterwards and i can lower the size of the waves as pointed out, that makes sense.

Volker Harun

mhaze

bobbystahr

Lovely and I agree with the minor critiques...I await an update...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

I like it a lot too.  Add some trees and use different grass, and it could  work perfect for a midwest marsh as well.
It has been eaten.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Tangled-Universe

Awesome terrain, World-Machine?

I recently saw the movie "Rams" which is filmed in Iceland near such quite exactly looking hills.
First thing I thought when I saw this image was "did he also see the movie and got inspired?".

AP

Quote from: TheBadger on January 08, 2016, 01:52:36 PM
I like it a lot too.  Add some trees and use different grass, and it could  work perfect for a midwest marsh as well.

Indeed, also some ideas for a Taiga bog come to mind.

AP

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 08, 2016, 05:30:55 PM
Awesome terrain, World-Machine?

I recently saw the movie "Rams" which is filmed in Iceland near such quite exactly looking hills.
First thing I thought when I saw this image was "did he also see the movie and got inspired?".

GeoControl.

Inspiration was just anywhere up there in Northern Scandinavia.

AP

Finished with the recommended changes made. Please refer back to the first post.

Dune

Top! This is quite perfect, I'd say. So Geocontrol... I thought you did this using Daniil's plugin.