Forbidden Lands 2

Started by AndyWelder, January 16, 2016, 04:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyWelder

A different approach of the "Forbidden Lands" theme introducing vegetation. Different settings for the rock surface. Comments most welcome.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Hannes

Looks mystic and alien. Great image!

fleetwood

Have to climb it just to see if a wizard lives up there.
I like how the top is just barely peaking up out of the fog. Wonder what it looks like when the tide comes in.

yossam

TheBadger

this is pretty freaking good.

What trees are those and also how much is post stylizing from raw render?
It has been eaten.

AndyWelder

@ TheBadger
QuoteWhat trees are those and also how much is post stylizing from raw render?
Those trees are homegrown with software that does not allow me to sell or even give them away. The license is owned by the company I work for... Though I really would like to share these and other trees with the community I did learn  from the things that happened to lightning, remember him?
The rendered image was merely sharpened with Gimp and exported as .JPG with file size reduced to meet this site's restrictions.

Oh, and thank you all for the compliments!

TheBadger

QuoteI did learn  from the things that happened to lightning, remember him?

May sorta recall a user the was called lightning, or at least having seen a screen name. But most of the threads I read in 2010 were from users who were pretty much gone when I got here. So what happened then?

Already know about not sharing trees, its a on going joke with software companies ;D But thanks for answering that question too.
It has been eaten.

Dune

This is very cool, Andy. Perhaps a bit on the 'grey' side overall; you could try dramatizing it more by more light and dark in clouds or light. Have you ever tried the shadow function of clouds, or add a spotlight(s) somewhere.

inkydigit

Just awesome!
I can feel the dampness... I have to climb to the top, but I don't know why?
:)
J

AndyWelder

@ The Badger: lightning gave this community a card load of vegetation TGO's, most of them with a bit messy set up but still very handy if one took the time to edit them. This flow suddenly came to an end after questions were asked about the software used to create them. It was hinted he did use pirated software. Anyway, lightning disappeared from this forum, never to be heard from again. That's what I know.

@ Dune:
QuoteHave you ever tried the shadow function of clouds
??? I wasn't aware there was a shadow function in clouds (cloud shader). Or do you mean use clouds to create shadowed zones and lit zones?

@ Inky: Thank you!

Kevin F

Fan bloody tastic if you ask me!. Love it.

Dune

Most right input in cloud shader. Just add another cloud fractal and play with coverage in the fractal and size. Part of the clouds will then be darkened like they are in shadow.

Volker Harun

Fantastic scene ... I enjoy your images very much. And I am looking forward to your next ones ;-)

AndyWelder

@ Dune: Thank you for the explanation; will give that a try. And your suggestion about adding a spotlight gave me an idea for a render I'm working on right now.
[attach=1]

@ Volker Harun and Kevin F: Thank you!

Edit: Ulco, are you sure you didn't mean "Cloud Layer"- tab "Functions" - Shadow functions? Never mind, that's the same method but different approach.

bobbystahr

Quote from: AndyWelder on January 18, 2016, 04:07:40 PM
@ Dune: Thank you for the explanation; will give that a try. And your suggestion about adding a spotlight gave me an idea for a render I'm working on right now.
[attach=1]

@ Volker Harun and Kevin F: Thank you!

You also might investigate Voxels...there are some wiki gifs that help.

Edit: Ulco, are you sure you didn't mean "Cloud Layer"- tab "Functions" - Shadow functions? Never mind, that's the same method but different approach.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist