Problem with TG 0.9.19 and Windows 10

Started by LightDrop2, January 16, 2016, 07:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LightDrop2

Hi people

Maybe I'm the last person on the planet who works with TG 0.9.19 - but if anybody can help me than here I guess...

I have done a render in 8000x5000 px with Ultra and EBD on for the last 5 or 6 days; now it is ready - but Win10 tell me 'Terragen Scenery Generator doesn't function anymore'  blah blah (in German language)
Now if I close it, like Win10 wants to do, the render is lost. But I know the pic must be anywhere on my HD, cause it shows up in the render-window - but I'm unable to save it.
Can anybody tell me, in which folder TG saves the temporary data for the pic in the render-window?

Oshyan

Unfortunately I don't think Terragen Classic (0.9) saves any image data anywhere until you save the render manually. The image is kept in system memory, as far as I recall. I'll see if I can verify that though.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

Confirmed. Unfortunately your render is probably lost. Sorry about that.

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

I still have an active 943 version running Windows 10. After the hassle with Windows 7 and having to revert to XP mode, etc......I now just usually still right click my TGD exe file and run as admin......never have those "you are not authorized.....or some other blah blah blah message"....BTW i manually saved my first version on disks ....like 5...to install when I went from 98 to XP.....I do like this program! And thank you for some flowers!

BangelOz

From what I've seen in the past, there are 2 things tha might affect the programs.
1. The admin privileges
2. The System architecture

Since the default install folders like "Program Files (x86)" are more permission protected it's a better choice to install such old programs into an other folder directly on C:\ or elsewhere with full access permissions.

The Other thing is the operating system in 32 / 64-bit.
The programs can be run in compatibility mode.
But often they run into issues if executed under 64-bit Windows and with 32-bit all is fine.
I had old tools/games on Win 7/64 not running or crashing and on 32-bit no problems(except other issues with DirectX..). With Win7/32 I managed to run what was designed for Win 95 but mostly only on 32bit System.

Means a 32-bit OS (for me W7 - I don't use 8 or 10) is best for old software.