Donggi Conag

Started by AP, January 20, 2016, 07:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Somewhere in the Steppe Grasslands of China.

Dune

Very nice and tranquil. The low cloud/fog is a nice asset. The clouds are a bit basic, not bad at all, but they might be more interesting perhaps.

Hannes

Very nice. Agree with Ulco about the clouds.

AP

Thank You. About the clouds, they probably could use some break-up on the tops.

Volker Harun

I really like this scene.

mhaze

I like this too, definitely one of your best. Agree about the clouds.

archonforest

yes very nice one. Agreed also to pimp up the clouds  :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

Very nice and tranquil...Now, as you're in China, how about some of the crazy-coloured  landforms I found on Mr Googles page:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=china+colorful+mountains&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=681&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDy7_On7vKAhXGu4MKHY3nCMEQ_AUIBigB

Here's one where it looks like some one was working out where textures should go using preview colours
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Tangled-Universe

I really like these type of scenes, depicting vast spans of grasses and thereby showing nice scene scales.

My only suggestion so far would indeed be to see if you can spice up your clouds.
Don't make them too noisy as it will influence the tranquil look of your scene.
Perhaps, this scene could even do without clouds.

Personally I never add clouds, only when I feel I "need" them.
Except, of course, when I'm making a render with clouds as subject of interest.

Cocateho

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 21, 2016, 10:45:09 AM
Very nice and tranquil...Now, as you're in China, how about some of the crazy-coloured  landforms I found on Mr Googles page:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=china+colorful+mountains&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=681&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDy7_On7vKAhXGu4MKHY3nCMEQ_AUIBigB

Here's one where it looks like some one was working out where textures should go using preview colours

This one time, I took a trip to china on acid...  ;D

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 21, 2016, 02:11:13 PM
I really like these type of scenes, depicting vast spans of grasses and thereby showing nice scene scales.

My only suggestion so far would indeed be to see if you can spice up your clouds.
Don't make them too noisy as it will influence the tranquil look of your scene.
Perhaps, this scene could even do without clouds.

Personally I never add clouds, only when I feel I "need" them.
Except, of course, when I'm making a render with clouds as subject of interest.

^^ agreed. In big open environments like this the sky becomes a big feature of the overall environment. Giving that the same attention and quality as the terrain would really round out the image.

TheBadger

Really like it.

Since people are doing 360s this month, this would make a nice one.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: TheBadger on January 21, 2016, 05:36:21 PM
Really like it.

Since people are doing 360s this month, this would make a nice one.

not every one has access to a company server to host said panos unfortunately, I can't even afford the pano app with my heat bills....I thought the price of gas was bottoming out yet mine keeps going up.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

Here is an update and i could make the clouds more faint and less of them or none at all.

AP

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 21, 2016, 10:45:09 AM

I have seen photographs of Zhangye Danxia (Rainbow Mountains) before. Just so neat. However the colors tend to be a bit artificially saturated so just a note on that. In spite of that, it does not take away the shear awe of the formations what so ever.