Terragen.org

Started by yossam, January 30, 2016, 06:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Badger, most of the sites you're talking about are "unofficial". They could be listed in a "resources" section in the Wiki or something, but they're not the kind of thing we'd officially link to on our main website. Oh, and yes, we did get a web developer and the new site is coming together. :)

Danny, I think the "$0.00 download" thing *is* a deterrent, and although we can host limited-sized downloads here, there is actually no place for the kind of larger file, easy, quick downloading that terragen.org provides (or provided). The community element clearly became obsolete, so I think revamping the site as a file-oriented site makes sense still. It will just take time...

- Oshyan

DannyG

Agreed, I can see what I can do on my end as I have a feeling this will be pushed way out. You guys have a lot going on
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on September 06, 2016, 04:57:31 PM
... I think the "$0.00 download" thing *is* a deterrent, ...

If it is not what i will use 100%-i absolutely want- i don't download from places that have that kind of steps.

otakar

Too bad that terragen.org has gone under, it had some great features, like the user galleries and as mentioned the downloads with previews. Would be nice to incorporate that as part of NWDA or here, I guess it's all a matter of who wants to volunteer to host this, set it up and maintain it.

The image sharing section here is nice for evolving projects where the author wants feedback as the project/render comes together, but a true gallery system where one can browse, rate and give feedback to finished works is sorely needed, IMHO.