Terragen.org

Started by yossam, January 30, 2016, 06:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Has the site been hacked..............? ???

masonspappy

What makes you think that?

yossam

Keep getting all kinds of error messages, mostly HTML.

Cyber-Angel

Its been like that since the 1st of this month, which is a bit of a pain since you keep getting

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tgorg/public_html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

When you try to do anything, I don't think its a hack, but I'm no expert in such matters

Regards to you

Cyber-Angel 

Oshyan

It's a problem with the web host having upgraded an old version of PHP that the tg.org's old forum software relied on. It requires upgrading the forum software to resolve, but there are delicate dependencies on that version being compatible with the gallery software and the file download system that's being run. Basically, it's kind of a mess, and hard to solve right now. I'm hoping to find a smooth way forward, but so far it's been a challenge.

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Sorry to bump an old thread, but what is the least news on this since is now September; practically a year almost?

Regards to you

Cyber-Angel 

DannyG

That site unfortunately has been a ghost town forever
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

I think the plan for Terragen.org needs to be to turn it into a resource site. As a community it just contributes to the already problematic fragmentation at this point. If the resources could be better organized, displayed, and searched, and the upload/download process could be smoother, it would be a great resource overall. I hope to find time to work on it later in the year, once the TG4 release work has died down.

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: Oshyan on September 05, 2016, 04:54:28 PM
I think the plan for Terragen.org needs to be to turn it into a resource site. As a community it just contributes to the already problematic fragmentation at this point. If the resources could be better organized, displayed, and searched, and the upload/download process could be smoother, it would be a great resource overall. I hope to find time to work on it later in the year, once the TG4 release work has died down.

- Oshyan

If that is the case then we are going to have to be a more dynamic site with the kind of features that promote social interaction, by the way would it be possible down the road to change over to the Discus Forum Platform that is used to power other sites ( I be leave both Steam and Tumblr both use this)? Better keywords: a Keyword search brings up such things as PHP, MySQL and Tinyportal.

I looked at the Traffic rank on alexa.com and as of today terragen.org sits at a rank of   7,635,803 in the world i think adding (carefully) more social features and a better keyword strategy perhaps more people would be drawn in who can say what may or may not happen.

With that in mind, we'd want to ensure that things don't become a toxic free for all like you find elsewhere Steam and certain parts of Redit come to mind but with strong (but fair moderation) policies in place I don't see it as being a problem. Fragmentation is a problem I think for many online communities, but having in-place features that encourage discussion and scene that the site your on is evolving in my view then people are invested to stay, If they things that things are not they go elsewhere! It is like all other types of business, that is to say that the market expects new and dynamic products to release into the marketplace, people also expect that the places they frequent online move with them.

Regards to you

Cyber-Angel         

Oshyan

I think you misunderstood. The entire concept in my mind is to move *away* from a discussion platform.

As for "toxicity", fragmentation, etc, etc... I really don't see these as issues since A: the site is focused around Terragen, and B: there will not be a significant discussion component.

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Hey Oshyan,
I saw that add for a web developer you posted. Did u get someone? Just curious is all. Been several mentions in threads lately about new sites for one thing or another. Mostly just curious about how that would look.

As for me, I am hoping that what ever u guys do, that everything is directly linked at least by stickies/ links or whatever. Just be nice that I could come here (or the new version of here) and get to all these other resources people mention, even the Facebook gallery people were talking about in the other thread. Of course T.org too. Not to mention the wiki. I mean more of a feature of this being a links page, thats all...

Be nice if some how the "links page" worked some how like a news reader that updated here, all the top new images from the other sites. Would help to keep activity up, I would guess.

Whatever, just up late. Cheers.

It has been eaten.

Dune

This may sound ignorant, but why is there a Terragen.org site AND this Terragen forum site. Discussion is here, showcasing can be done here, offering stuff can be done here.

inkydigit

Haven't been able to login there for ages?
Gave up...
It's a nice idea to see terrain and tgd previews in the download resource centre. 
:)

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on September 06, 2016, 02:55:14 AM
This may sound ignorant, but why is there a Terragen.org site AND this Terragen forum site. Discussion is here, showcasing can be done here, offering stuff can be done here.

More or less i think the same.

DannyG

Quote from: Oshyan on September 05, 2016, 07:48:33 PM
I think you misunderstood. The entire concept in my mind is to move *away* from a discussion platform.

As for "toxicity", fragmentation, etc, etc... I really don't see these as issues since A: the site is focused around Terragen, and B: there will not be a significant discussion component.

- Oshyan

Agreed, there's too many outlets already, that's the reason I haven't turned NWDA into a Forum or chattroom as I initially planned. That said the not too dated stuff at Ashundar we 'NWDA' would be willing to host as freebies, I am revamping the site a bit for Version 4 so I could easily create a new category for items such as this. The only downside would be the items would have to be checked out as a $0.00 sale, that takes time and my be a deterrent to some. But the offer is there. Otherwise IMO we should just host the items here and shut down Terragen.org, it's useless at this point. Renderosity, Terranuts all suffer from lack of activity due to this fragmentation as you mentioned. 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram