Waterview

Started by Lady of the Lake, January 31, 2016, 08:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

I have probably worked harder on this than any other image I have ever done and overall I like it.  It took forever to do; I have to learn to have a more efficient work flow.   That being said, thanks for looking and for your gentle suggestions.   ;D

masonspappy

Wow - like this a lot. There's a randomness to plant population placement that I really like ( I loathe straight lines).
Seems like the time you've invested has paid off nicely!

yossam

AP

Agreed, the natural randomness is very good and the colors are nice also, they seem natural. The ground work is very interesting.

zaxxon

A really lovely image, very nicely done!

Tangled-Universe

Very nice render :)
There isn't really much to suggest for improvement, isn't it.
The only things which I could suggest is render the reflections of the left bank (beautiful vegetation variation and colours!) with a reflective shader with reflection softness of 0.001 and 6 or 8 samples (2nd tab of reflective shader).
If so, make sure to disable reflections in the water shader and also make sure you're using the same reflectivity settings in the reflective shader (default = 0.5 for highlight intensity and 0.01 for roughness).

The other thingy would be the somewhat noisy surface shaders. The colours go really well together and I also like the water transparency effect.

If you need help with trying out these suggestions then just drop a line here or via PM.

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on January 31, 2016, 08:56:12 PM
I have probably worked harder on this than any other image I have ever done and overall I like it.  It took forever to do; I have to learn to have a more efficient work flow.   That being said, thanks for looking and for your gentle suggestions.   ;D

I think that 90% of a render is made in 10% of the time.
The final 10% which make a render a work of art and stand out from the rest is achieved in the remaining 90% of the time, really.
It's the sole reason I post few images. I produce almost all year round, but I'm usually not satisfied enough with it.

Only when you keep pushing yourself to do better, you will do better.

I think your work and the effort you put in it shows it.

Dune

You can tell you put a lot of time in this, it's your best render so far! I really like the colors, layout and way of vegetation spread/diversity. Keep this good work up!

Small in between @Martin:
QuoteIt's the sole reason I post few images. I produce almost all year round, but I'm usually not satisfied enough with it.

I would truly like you to DO post some work, don't be ashamed  :P if it's not perfect. If only to keep this forum alive and enthuse others.

archonforest

Lovely colors and mood!
Very pleasant to look at it.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

One of the loveliest river landscapes which I have ever seen!

mhaze

Wonderful work.  Great composition and the vegetation is excellent.  I like the clouds too!  I'd like to see this at a much higher resolution and or less noisy shaders on the banks. Reflections would be a great addition.

Lady of the Lake

To  TU and mhaze:   The bank surface shaders are a mix of image maps.....how does one make those less "noisy"? 
To mhaze:  I had the render settings at AA8 and detail .6.  What settings would you suggest?

TU, I sent you a PM regarding the reflective shader for the water.  Thanks.

Appreciated all the comments and suggestions very much. 
Lyla

Clay

j meyer

Well done. Nice to watch your progress.
Keep it up.

fleetwood

mhaze

I'd go for detail of 1 and AA 12.