Some more tree TGOs for y'all

Started by mr-miley, August 23, 2007, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Hi there all.

For those that are interested, I have posted 4 new TGOs on my website for all and sundary to download. 3 of them are converted willows from the Ashundar site that were posted in OBJ format by "Ashundar Artists" EDIT Actually, Harvey Birdman, sorry Harvey  ;D EDIT. All I've done is converted them to TGOs. They do not have bitmapped leaves so they probably aren't that good for really close up work, but other than that they are mighty fine. The other is a quick tree I knocked up that has no leaves at all. Feel free to download, use and abuse. Hope they're useful.

They can be found at http://www.gintdev.co.uk/mr-miley/tgos.html

Ta

Miles  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Volker Harun

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: mr-miley on August 23, 2007, 11:29:11 AM
... the Ashundar site that were posted in OBJ format by "Ashundar Artists". ..

Errr.. excuse me? I'm the one who created the Willows and the Aspens at Ashundar, using Arbaro. They used to be accredited to me. It's not that big of a deal, obviously, but it'd be nice if uploaded material STAYED properly accreddited, OB....

old_blaggard

Sorry about that, Harvey.  When we migrated to the new system, we had to re-upload all of the files, and I hope you can understand how we weren't able to remember who made all of the files.  At this point, we have to go in and manually modify the database, but we will do that in a couple of days.  If there are any other files of yours (or anyone's) on Ashundar under the name Ashundar Artists that you would like changed, please let me know.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Harvey Birdman

No sweat. I figured that was exactly what happened.

;)

mr-miley

Oooops... sorry Harvey  :-[ didn't realise they were yours. I thought "Ashundar Artists" didn't sound quite right, but thats all I had to go on. I shall ammend my site ASAP, that is, if you don't mind me having converted and posted them in the first place?

Miles

Harvey Birdman

No problem. And of course I don't mind - I put them up hoping others would find them useful. I was just a little tweaked over the authorship thing was all. And by the way, the 'A' stands for 'Autumn', and the 'S' stands for 'Summer'. That had been on the original Ashundar page, as I recall.

;D

<edit>
A is for Autumn, S is for summer, and the two digit value preceding those are the seed values used in Arbaro. The zip should contain Arbaro XML's for the models, and with those and the seed values you can re-create the trees from scratch.
</edit>

mr-miley

Right, I've updated my site now, giving YOU credit, not that funny "Ashundar Artists" guy ;D

Miles

Harvey Birdman

You know, this 'Ashundar Artist' character may prove useful. Any really bad rendering you don't want to take responsibility for can be attributed to him.

;D

Buzzzzz

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on August 23, 2007, 04:03:33 PM
You know, this 'Ashundar Artist' character may prove useful. Any really bad rendering you don't want to take responsibility for can be attributed to him.

;D

I've a large stockpile of those he can have.  ;D

old_blaggard

Oh, come on, you've got to give Ashundar Artists the right to a good image every now and then :D.

Harvey Birdman

I have a cat that fills the same role at home. Anyone leaves a mess, drinks all the beer (he's a lush, I tells ya) or whatever, it was the cat.

;D

rcallicotte

Thanks, Mr. Miley.

Hats off to Harvey.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

inkydigit

thanks mr miley....I have used your fine olive tree in my last render 'olive grove', found in image sharing!