personal jungle to hide

Started by DocCharly65, February 03, 2016, 07:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Funny thing... I was sooooo close to the solution...
I tried to get a blurred animation of the Helis rotors and was happy to find out how to get a transparent look:

[attach=1]   [attach=2]

To get it look blurred I added several animation keys like moving up and down evry frame and so on...

Fortunately I found the post of Dune and Hannes:

[attach=3]

Now it looks better:

[attach=4]

I was sooooo close to the solution... but I would never have come to the idea that there is a blur effect when using a standard Surface shader as the lowest.

Thanks Ulco and Hannes!

AP

That is a great solution they both had. It is looking better.

DocCharly65

Thanks Chris :)

But as I said - The praise belongs to Ulco and Hannes. I had recognized only the direction alpha mask via Image shader on a glass shader. Blurring I would not have found alone.

AP

Hannes

I'm very busy atm, so I don't have much time for TG right now, but I have to say that the praise belongs only to Ulco. He showed me the way.

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on February 19, 2016, 04:39:54 AM
Thanks Chris :)

But as I said - The praise belongs to Ulco and Hannes. I had recognized only the direction alpha mask via Image shader on a glass shader. Blurring I would not have found alone.

Curious why you didn't use a Glass shader...to me for these situations it seems better.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Sorry for my extended absence. I still fight against a heavy flu... at least now I can fight it  :) . On Monday / Tuesday that was not a flu I have ever had... must have been something different - something really bad, diabolical, that wanted to kill!

Fortunately I have still all Render PCs busy whithout anything what I must do. But a little new idea I'll present at the bottom.

Bobby, the settings-screenshot must have been from a Terragen-Version before the glass shader was implemented in the program.
It's from the time when Hannes worked on his image for the NWDA Roadside Contest.

I have used the glas shader from the beginning of my "jungle-project" I only wanted to present the solution of the surface shader for the blurring effect. I still have to wait some time but first animation tests look already very good.

As promised just another idea:
I bought a nice pyramid on CGTrader for another view:

[attach=1]

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Flapping Flamingos that's nice...DoF is a fine tool.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Looks fantastic, Nils!
Unfortunately there is still this bug that causes these strange artifacts when using DOF together with GISD. I hope this will be fixed in the near future.

mhaze

Dune

Great addition the pyramid, well worth the extra cash (if it's not too much). Really exciting/mysterious view you made.

AP

The Mayan pyramid is a great addition just poking out there almost hidden from view. This looks like an adventure waiting to happen.

DocCharly65

The pyramid was 25$ and I modified it a bit via ivy-generator.