Just another sunrise(or sunset)Updated

Started by mhaze, February 16, 2016, 02:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

As the title....

yossam

I like............... ;D  Need a climber on the rock face looking up. Or not................. :P

fleetwood

archonforest

Very nice stuff! Great mood.
For some reason I do not like those clouds there...well...perhaps some high cirrus?  ???
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

AP

That is a good sense of elevation and scales. Definitely needs a rock climber in there.

zaxxon

I really like the lighting, but it's your evolution of rock texturing that truly draws my eye. Super!

bobbystahr

Great image and fantastic foreground rocks...big LIKE
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Dune

Rocks are really nice, especially the further part left, though I would break them up a little more by non-square rock. And as I saw it, I thought about the snow. With cracks like that you'd expect snow to crawl in the cracks, so why not try to use the crack mask to add this? I agree about the clouds, cirrus will be enough for a scene like this I think.

DocCharly65

mhaze

Thanks all.  Dune good idea - I realised after posting that I'd turned the rock masks off :-[  I'm having problems getting three dimensionality to the snow  - my next bit of research!

I will change the clouds - wasn't mad about them.

TheBadger

the light on the left side faces is extraordinary!
It has been eaten.

mhaze

Version two - still struggling with snow.

mhaze

Thanks, it's a good post.  The problem is not one of knowledge but of getting the settings I want - sometimes it just ain't possible and you have to compromise.  For example Dune suggested I used the cracks as a mask thing is there are no cracks!so that won't work!