Rolling Clouds WIP

Started by NWsenior07, August 23, 2007, 11:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsenior07

Any suggestions? I noticed a small patch of red glitch of doom in there and I'm going to turn off the visible disk option too, other than that what can be done to improve on this. It seems too bland to me.

dhavalmistry

you dont need to turn off the visible disk option...this is a known bug and can be fixed by turning on ray tracing....and I am sorry but what do you mean by "red glitch of doom"??
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

dhavalmistry is right.  It will mean a bit longer render times, in that case.

I don't think it looks bland.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Matt

Enabling ray tracing in clouds or atmosphere will not fix this problem, because in this scene there is no need to have terrain cast shadows into the atmosphere. NWsenior07 is right that the only way to remove the big sun here is to disable its visible disc.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

sjefen

I think by: red glitch of doom he mean the red render bug in the left of the image. It's hidden in the lower clouds.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

NWsenior07

Okay, I tweaked a couple of quality things and reworked the coloration. I think that this is a more serene set of colors, juxtaposing the blue and yellow works nicely I think. Comments Welcome.

Buzzzzz

I missed the first one but anyway I like this one better! Very nice quality.  :)

rcallicotte

Nice quality on the second one.  It gives a sensation of flying through the clouds.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

RedSquare

Oh yes, much improved, nigh perfick!