New Site and Store!

Started by Upon Infinity, April 05, 2016, 04:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

Well, due to the present and worsening economic crisis in my part of the globe, I've found myself with a lot of free time on my hands.  So, I've gone and set up a new site and store for distributing my work directly.  I'll be selling my photo work and 3D assets there. 

The new site is at http://www.uponinfinitystore.com

To kick off the new site, my rock pack is on sale for half off at http://www.uponinfinitystore.com/index.php/product/art-rocks/ until the end of Saturday.  Prices are in Canadian $, so anyone outside Canada will also be rewarded with a very favourable exchange rate on top of the sale.

Don't want to buy anything?  Got you covered.  Art Rocks sample pack of 3 objects free to use for non-commercial uses: http://www.uponinfinitystore.com/index.php/product/art-rocks-sample-pack/

I'll be adding more free stuff, both 3D and photos, in the near future.

Please note: while the site is up and 'live' now, it is still very much being worked on, and is not yet fully populated.

Either way, I'd love your C&C on it.  Thanks!

Dune

Congratulations on your site, I hope you do well! Nice and crisp site, btw. The only comment I have is about the moving landscape. It's nice, but it jumps. If you could make that a smooth transition, a loop, it would be better. Or you could do something like I have on my site, just a couple of images slowly fading into eachother.
How do you print your photo's; yourself on real paper in 'liquids', the old-fashioned way, or 'computerprint'.

Upon Infinity

Thanks, Dune.  Ah, the moving landscape, yes.  It has a bit of a hard transition when it loops back, although I was able to make it a bit softer, I couldn't do it fully with the video editing software I have.  I actually had a pretty good slider of images going, but I was determined to have a video background and it took coordinating with a guy in the Philippines over a 3 day period to implement it.  Eventually, this video will be replaced with a better one with more clips including this one in it.  So, it's kind of a placeholder for now.  And I'm thinking about bringing the slider back lower on the main page, but I think video backgrounds look mint af.

As for the prints, no, not myself, I will be outsourcing them to a local printer and then shipping them myself.  What is 'computerprint'?

inkydigit

Very nice Chad!
Looks great!
Jason
:)

archonforest

Great!
Wish you luck with it!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

TheBadger

What kinda paper and printing do you use?
It has been eaten.

Upon Infinity

Thanks, guys!

Quote from: TheBadger on April 05, 2016, 07:05:37 PM
What kinda paper and printing do you use?

That's a great question.  When I did printing before, there were matte and glossy versions of digital photo paper for these scales.  I will likely make these selectable options very quickly.  What information, specifically, were you looking for, Mike?

TheBadger

I have a thing for paper and printing UI. Probably if you did what I would like, you would price me out of your store. So I would pick matte of the options, since I feel like glossy tends to look too...plastic.. often. IMHO. depends though.

I like the two images I saw. I thought about misty mountain the most. probably the other image will sell more though? Anyway, good job on the site.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Smooth site man...well built.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist