bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Dune

It's not a final (yet). I'm still waiting for input regarding vegetation and land use. They will want a top view anyway, so every beam is visible.

AndyWelder

QuoteIt's not a final (yet).
So there will be more to come? *grabbing a bowl of popcorn* ;D Hey, beats watching Dutch soccer ::)
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Dune

Yes, there's more to come  ;) This second building was quite a job, and I keep on thinking that whenever I move something in LW other things also move and end up a bit off. And I am very careful picking the right thing to move. Anyway; some beams are still floating, have to fix that. It should be 'scientifically correct', this 13th century farmstead. The roof straw is a population, a bit hard to control, but with a little postwork (like the ropes) it'll be ok.

Oh yes, the roof is a series of beams, then a thin straw/reed matting, then ridges of soft clay (which I still might make in LW instead of painting), and then the vertical bunches of straw/reeds pressed into that.

Kadri

Nice model. Will it end like a cutaway model or whatever they are called Ulco?
http://www.starwarsmodels.com/images/models/mfca002.jpg

bobbystahr

Brilliant work on the thatching, looks really real. Makes much more sense to get that superb than overspending time on the ropes issue.....well done man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Thanks, guys. It will end up as it is right now, with some people working on it, and veggies of course.

masonspappy

That is remarkably well done!

j meyer

Nice to see the progress. :)

bobbystahr

Ah ha, a Medieval 'barn raising' in progress....that's gonna be nice Ulco.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

otakar

The wood texture is out of this world. The beams in the interior shot are just unreal (I mean looking completely real LOL :) ).

Hannes

Really amazing, Ulco!!

Dune

Thanks. And the beams are not even high poly. Just a mix of several textures and some PF over it. The point is now that the client wants the roof differently clad in reeds, in different layers, so I might need to make one thatched roof in ZB after all instead of populating a plane. Not ready yet...