Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

All for today............. :)

AP

Gosh, is that Old School.    8)

masonspappy

So are you making these yourself?

yossam

I wish.............they are all freebies from Renderosity. He uses PBR textures and I wanted to see how they worked in TG. They need a lot of adjustment............really dark for some reason.  ???

Hannes

Looks cool so far, I'd change the lighting a bit to make it less flat, and some of the parts need some reflection imo.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on April 10, 2016, 12:17:42 PM
Looks cool so far, I'd change the lighting a bit to make it less flat, and some of the parts need some reflection imo.

echo.....echo......echo.......echo........echo.........
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on April 10, 2016, 11:42:34 AM
I wish.............they are all freebies from Renderosity. He uses PBR textures and I wanted to see how they worked in TG. They need a lot of adjustment............really dark for some reason.  ???

PBR= pretty bloody rough? hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

yossam

Is this better.............in uncharted territory with these maps. It takes "big" numbers to see much change.  ???

AP

The aged steel surface looks a whole lot better on this one. I see a good improvement there.

Jo Kariboo

Yes better except for the saw. The texture of the handle of the saw is not terrible and its blade seems  plastic. Perhaps that the object in him even is less good than the others.

yossam

Sorry, forgot the saw. This is finished...................I'm going to post a pic of the scene before any work is done to the shaders. I have spent way more time adjusting shaders than rendering. I don't know if all models with PBR shaders are this much of a pain or if the adjustments I made will hold across the species. Time will tell I guess............... :P

Hannes

bobbystahr

Major improvements, well done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Jo Kariboo

Yes it's much better. The saw has gained in realism. By cons you have lost some of the metal effect on both chisels as the previous image was (Tool Time 1).
Anyway perfection does not exist and is on from one individual to another.   :)