Yet Another Mountain Scene

Started by Gannaingh, April 22, 2016, 12:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

I think I have a favorite subject. I think it's what I get for living in WA state...I'm addicted to mountains. There's not too much more to do on this one besides delete the tree on the far right that looks fake and to play with the water some more. I haven't decided if I want to go super calm or really rough with no reflection at all. I guess I'll have to experiment. I also might increase the resolution of the WM terrain and masks to get some more detail into the background. Thanks for taking a look.

masonspappy

mhaze

AP

fleetwood

Like it. Hope to see it bigger at some point.

zaxxon

Nice terrain, nice forest, very nice image!

otakar

Great! I'd go for the calm water.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Gannaingh

Yikes! I thought I'd responded, but apparently not!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Progress has, unfortunately, been almost nonexistent the past week, but I hope to do better this week. I'm thinking of making the POV wider and more panoramic to capture some more of the terrain on the left side of the image. I also want to give the snow more color variation and texture to mimic the look of real life glaciers rather than a solid bed of snow.

Ariel DK

is excellent! I agree to remove the last tree on the right. just for curiosity
you think you can share the project file, not TG, just WM.
I'm starting to learn about this software... :)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Hannes

Wow, that's really beautiful! Very realistic!

Gannaingh

Here is a small version of the final render. I really like the wider aspect ratio which gives it a more panoramic feel.

Ariel, I've attached the WM tmd file. There were a couple Geoflyph macros in it so I deleted those since most people don't have those. With them included it messes up the file output. I've also included a dropbox link to the terrain itself since the file size is too heavy to upload here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcfm19vnc2jylsw/Middle%20Area.ter?dl=0