It's quiet out here.....

Started by Dune, April 29, 2016, 02:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

So, has everyone moved his TG discussions to Facebook? I might consider leaving as well . .  .    .     .              .                                  .                                                           .                                                          .                                                              .                                                                       .

AP

Upon Infinity

I think it's a little quiet there, as well.  :P

masonspappy

I think that after the intense effort of getting entries prepared for the last contest, folks are a bit tired.  That's true for me.   I still come here a lot but don't actually post very much.   

Couple of days ago things were so quiet that I started reading the  blue nodes documentation again.  (Which is still of no help because for the most part I can't figure out how to actually apply that information to the Terragen  process.)  Starting to appreciate how people who are unfamiliar with Blender feel about it.

mhaze

I'm busy doing other things at the moment.  I shall wait for tg4 before getting stuck in again.

AP

No doubt, Terragen 4 certainly will make participation more active again. I have been working on a very large set of Blue Nodes so I can share those soon. I have been working on some other projects as well.

Hannes

Honestly, I don't like this Facebook stuff. I'm a member though since a very dear friend "forced" me to. From time to time I'm having a look, but all in all FB is not that important to me.
To me THIS is the place to discuss TG content.

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on April 29, 2016, 02:31:05 AM
So, has everyone moved his TG discussions to Facebook? I might consider leaving as well . .  .    .     .              .                                  .                                                           .                                                          .                                                              .                                                                       .

I wouldn't say that there is more "discussions" per see. It is that there are more "Like""s.

I don't like Facebook.
Searching for something is bad and real critiques are rare.
It is more like someone made this and that and others pushing the like button.
Depends on the user base too of course.

Here it is more personal if you ask me.
But Facebook is unfortunately like a Black Hole for sites like this probably.

I use Facebook since 4 years but i will stay here around too.
Forums and Facebook are different medias so why not use both of them.
And who knows Facebook might go away in the end.
Most people i know don't post so much on Facebook as 1-2 years ago...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2012/mar/17/facebook-dark-side-study-aggressive-narcissism

PabloMack

A long time ago I got a facebook account but it pestered me so much that I had to disable the &@%# thing. I couldn't turn the useless emails off. I prefer a forum (like this one) that let's me peek in whenever I feel like it. It is not invasive like FB which is not one of the virtues of the Suckerberg Frankenstein.

ajcgi

Recently I've been loitering here, mainly thanks to intensively working on a project that at my end is entirely Terragen work. This is an excellent source of info and discussion, for which I'd like to thank you all.
Facebook is something that I use to follow a few that I know and photographic groups, but the overarcing problem with Facebook imo is that flippin' like button. Or indeed the new reactions. It gives an incentive to just say, "Yo... appreciate this," without even saying why or what it is they like about it...

Dune

Thanks for all your encouraging reactions, guys. It's just that I had a look out of curiosity, found a Terragen group and discovered some discussions/posts and people who never show up here. This is indeed the forum for Terragen stuff. So lurkers and grabbers, get your asses over here, and join actively!

yossam

There are quite a few that only post on Facebook............need the likes I guess. After making the contest entries, I thought about taking a little break to rest my brain from working on 3 different scenes at the same time. But, I made that mistake b4 after the "road" contest. Took too long of a break and had a hard time getting back into it............never again. I think I took a weekend this time to unwind. But you are right..............it is deathly quiet around here.  ???

KlausK

Never was on fb and never will be.
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

AP

I do not use Facebook either.