DALE WIP

Started by mr-miley, August 28, 2007, 05:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

New WIP render from me. Took about 45 hours, combination of the water and the high clouds/atmo quality settings. This is completely unsurfaced (apart from the trees of course) which is why its a WIP. I'm going to jump in and do a bit of surfacing over the next few days. The terrain is Dale, by hillrunner from Ashundar. Only a wee bit of post work done, mainly a bit of tone curve correction and removing the sun shining through the clouds (and yes I did have "enable ray traced shadows" turned on, don't know if it was a particularly thin bit of cloud or what)

Anyway, C & C always welcome (apart from anything to do with surfacing :) ) Do bear in mind (that on my system at least) this looks completely different on a CRT to a TFT (I run dual monitors, one of each)

Miles

I love the smell of caffine in the morning

rcallicotte

Lovely.  I like everything about it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Looking great so far.  I love the serenity of the scene.  The colors are very nice, too.  I look forward to seeing what you do with this.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

chefc

Awesome work Miles Cant wait to see the finished render 45 hrs OMG Great results Atmosphere and water are great
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

Volker Harun

As the water is quite rough, you could add some whitecaps ,-) --- or is that surfaceing, too?

mr-miley

Thanks guys, glad you like so far  :)

Volker... I have been having a go with whitecaps for a while and am having no luck. I can get white on the top of the waves, but nothing I do makes it look like foam  >:(

Volker Harun

MrMiley ... so it is my turn, eh? ;) I doubt that I will be able to do something before next week. But I'll definitly have a go for it.
Meahwhile you can as aemkey, http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=2054.0 the foam on the second image looks promising.

Oshyan

The high render time is probably due at least in large part to having raytraced shadows turned on. This will not get rid of the sun being visible through clouds (turn off "Visible disc" for this). It is only useful for eliminating the sun shining through *terrain* (in the case of the setting in Atmosphere quality tab).

Nice image in any case.

- Oshyan

mr-miley

Oshyan..... doh, of course its not for the clouds, only for the terrain. how dumb am I  ;D  :-[