Another TG4 cloud example

Started by Tangled-Universe, May 27, 2016, 06:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Beauty! Now all it needs is a steampunk airship

Hannes

Cool! Thanks, Martin! I'll save this trick in my "Cool tricks"-folder! ;)

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

Wow, if it took you that long it'd be a week on my computer...if TG4 will even eventually load into this box. Saved the info as did Hannes for later exploration.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 05, 2016, 10:35:53 AM
Wow, if it took you that long it'd be a week on my computer...if TG4 will even eventually load into this box. Saved the info as did Hannes for later exploration.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with "if it took you that long"?
Also, what makes you think your box won't be able to load TG4? Where do you base that assumption on?
If your box can load TG2 then it can load TG4 ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on June 05, 2016, 11:33:02 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on June 05, 2016, 10:35:53 AM

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with "if it took you that long"?
Also, what makes you think your box won't be able to load TG4? Where do you base that assumption on?
If your box can load TG2 then it can load TG4 ;)

That long on your machine which is likely waaaay more powerful than my 'budget box' pc...I believe Oshyan posted a while back that to get decent results you'd need an at least i5 processor is what I base my assumption on. I may be able to load it but most of the features will be beyond my puny pc and vid card...I will try no doubt but am not holding out false hopes for this pc for sure.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

As Martin said (or, similar), if you can run TG3 you can run TG4! In fact rendering (of same scene and detail level) will be *faster* in TG4 in most case. I think you are worrying unnecessarily here.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on June 05, 2016, 05:33:55 PM
As Martin said (or, similar), if you can run TG3 you can run TG4! In fact rendering (of same scene and detail level) will be *faster* in TG4 in most case. I think you are worrying unnecessarily here.

- Oshyan

Thanks man. I musta got my wires crossed somewhere...sigh...not enjoying that part of retirement for sure...but this box really does need replacement...very sluggish compared to the one I fried the cpu on. Still I'll miss the pre-sale, emptied my bank account with property taxes...I guess I shouldn't complain really about owning a home...seems somehow ungrateful to the fates....but TG4 has me drooling heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

I am not certain if this has already been brought to attention or not. It would be interesting to have a new benchmark test for Terragen 4 when there is enough people settled into using the new version.

ajcgi

Ooo that's clever. Very clever. Liking that a lot.

Oshyan

I *should* note that even though rendering speeds will be faster in TG4, the RAM requirements will increase somewhat, depending on the scene. So if you're running into severe RAM issues Bobby, then it could be a concern. But again it depends on what's in the scene. Object-heavy scenes will need more RAM than before.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on June 07, 2016, 05:01:18 PM
I *should* note that even though rendering speeds will be faster in TG4, the RAM requirements will increase somewhat, depending on the scene. So if you're running into severe RAM issues Bobby, then it could be a concern. But again it depends on what's in the scene. Object-heavy scenes will need more RAM than before.

- Oshyan

Noted, 32 G of RAM is on the new machine list already just because, good to know an average vid card will suffice, still tempted to go for that VR ready one I posted about though.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Quote from: Oshyan on June 07, 2016, 05:01:18 PM
I *should* note that even though rendering speeds will be faster in TG4, the RAM requirements will increase somewhat, depending on the scene.

- Oshyan
Well, I'm ready to render whenever TG4 is released <nudge nudge> <hint hint> <wink wink>