displacement shader and object import

Started by Lucio, December 28, 2006, 07:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucio

I'm working on this architectural model on another 3dapp, and now I've tried to do a quick import on TG2
This is still a rough model, and I've had a hard word texturing it, using real photographs
I've wanted to render the rough irregular brick texture so I prepared a bump map for the internal TG2 displacement shader, and works pretty good
A whole new world of possibilities for architectural visualization.. I'm seriously evaluating the TGDeep prepurchase option :)

Tim O'Donoghue

Quote from: usciouscio on December 28, 2006, 07:23:33 PM
... so I prepared a bump map for the internal TG2 displacement shader, and works pretty good...

"pretty good" ? Give yourself some credit - that's excellent!

Lucio

Quote from: tjodonoghue on December 28, 2006, 07:32:36 PM
Quote from: usciouscio on December 28, 2006, 07:23:33 PM
... so I prepared a bump map for the internal TG2 displacement shader, and works pretty good...

"pretty good" ? Give yourself some credit - that's excellent!

TG2 is excellent!

edlo

That is great texturing! I would love to hear how you managed it and how you came up with the bump map.
Thanks for sharing

Oshyan

Very nice results indeed! When used subtlely, displacement (using image-based displacement maps) can really increase realism. Some of the alpha tester images in our gallery have used slight displacement on tree trunks to great effect.

- Oshyan

hyper1

I think you've done a very nice job so far.  You've applied just the right amount of displacement.  Are you going to take this as a WIP?  If so, please post your updates.
Gary Poole