Terragen use in Halo 5

Started by Darknight, June 08, 2016, 12:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darknight

Hey guys,

I have been a new comer to Terragen when I joined the forum a few years ago, but I would like to extend a sincere thank you to the community here for helping and guiding me through Terragen 3. Without this forum I would not have been able to do a lot of stuff during the time I worked on the lastest Halo game, Halo 5 : Guardians as a matte painter and 3d skybox artist. I would like to share some of the work that I did using Terragen. I used Terragen to great effect for rendering 2 cloud cards which then are UV scrolled in the game engine to get the effect of moving clouds. I also used it for rendering planetary views from space.

I would like to mention a special thanks to Tangled-Universe, Oshyan, Dune and Freelancah for all the help during this time. It took me a while to get the permission to post my work, so sorry for the delay to let you all know how useful Terragen has been to skybox art work in games.

Here are some screen shots from the Xbox one, of the levels where Terragen was used :

And lastly, here is a link to some video captures that I made which showcases all of my work on Halo 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB332C36UWk

Hope you guys enjoy it!

And again, thank you guys so very much for everything!

Hugs,
Darknight  :)

It's not who you are that matters, it's what you do.

Oshyan

Excellent work! Very glad to have helped you get to this point. We'll feature your work on social media soon. :)

- Oshyan

Matt

Thanks for posting this :) It looks great!

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Upon Infinity

Pretty good work.  Nice to hear from those working in the gaming industry using Terragen.

Dune

Thanks for showing your work, looks really good.

ajcgi

bobbystahr

Almost tempted to buy into gaming with Halo....brilliant work and nice implementation of the clouds....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Darknight

Thanks a lot for your kind words guys. And it's my pleasure to share these with you. I cant wait for TG 4 to be released!

Tangled-Universe

Congratulations on the job well done, looks great! :)

DannyG

Excellent work here. Thanks for posting this
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

N810

Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

mhaze

Darknight

Blubbel